Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Complete movie is also PCM only. Tried "The Grey". I even did a factory reset...

[EDIT]

OK, movie is stereo only according to this page.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

OK, DD works for R.E.D. 2.

Seems like there is no DD for trailers... anymore?

Also now that I start using Google Play Movies again, it also starts recommending stuff again.

BroderSalsa
Explorer

x8005c

EPG on DVB-S changes the channel in the background, when you open the EPG. Mildly annoying. It's changing to some swedish channel. Favourites EPG does the same.

Factory reset did not help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chbjerg wrote:

@Anonymous : Have you heard if Sony are planning to do anything about the fact that the tv now exits favorites on the EPG everytimeyou switch to an external input or App. If I enter the Plex app on my tv, it says "leaving favorites", and sure enough, when i close the app, I have to enter EPG, press ActionMenu, select Guide Source and select Favorites 1 - which is where I ALWAYS want to be. Like it worked in Lolllipop

Hi @chbjerg

I didnt even know that was a problem to be honest.  So therefore I cant say anything about whether they are planning to fix it.  The message that says "leaving favorites" indicates to me that this might have been designed this way.  Maybe to clear cache/memory etc and improve performance....  ?  A guess.

Do you know of others complaining about this too?

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kuschelmonschter wrote:

@Anonymous,

can you please ask Sony, how often the TV is supposed a guide update in standby? Suppose not in every standby? Probably after every X hours/days? This should probably be configurable anyway...

@Kuschelmonschter - Ill see if I can find out.  But as its not urgent at the moment, it may take a little time.  But will get back to you.

Cheers

profile.country.SE.title
vispen74

I have the problem with guide not keeping favorits view when exit TV as well.

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

This is odd. I have marshmallow and favorites is the same as usual and
remains in place.
profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

Actually I do have the same problem but it happens when I change hdmi source

chbjerg

Definitely an error - it renders favorites useless when using apps or HDMI inputs

I factory reset, and set everything up again. Kodi crashes quite often now (did after 6.0 update, but I had hoped the factory reset was the cure)

It seems that if I turn off passthrough, it works a lot better. (Brand new install of Kodi 17, with Plex for Kodi used as add on)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chbjerg wrote:

Definitely an error - it renders favorites useless when using apps or HDMI inputs

@chbjerg @vispen74 @Garymjh

In regards to the favorites list exiting when going to an app or external input, I have added it to the bugs and issues list:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2300632#M17000

Cheers