Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi I just installed that all and it automatically put its own icon with the others on the home screen I did not have to install a sideload app.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 Smartphone
profile.country.GB.title
fether
Explorer

how did you install aptoide ??? as it dosnt show in google play on my tv i add to download the .apk first then install it through ES explorer but it dosnt show on the home page

kind regards

fether

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

I installed mine the same as you through an apk via ES and it shows on the home page. It's not really worth it though as the only app Aptoide offers which I can't get on Google Play is showbox. The rest are the usual useless stuff. 

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

That's realy personal preference what you may not like or need someone else may want so each to their own..

Try it on you don't like it or need it after you had a play around just un-install it..

Simples..

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 Smartphone
profile.country.GB.title
newbix

I've got a call coming from sony UK office this week.  I just hope it ends my nightmare.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@fether wrote:

how did you install aptoide ??? as it dosnt show in google play on my tv i add to download the .apk first then install it through ES explorer but it dosnt show on the home page

kind regards

fether

You need to sideload Aptoide TV for that, not the regular Aptoide.apk.

profile.country.GB.title
fether
Explorer

cheers for that :ok_hand:

regards

fether

profile.country.GB.title
fether
Explorer

hi all iv managed to change the Developer Options to "at most 3 processes" but when i reboot the tv at any time the settings revert back to the way they were at the begining.

is there any way to stop this ??? please

kind regards

Fether

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

I googled that a couple of weeks back and the answer is no. It's androids fault not Sony. 

profile.country.GB.title
fether
Explorer

ok cheers thanx for the reply