Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi Yes you can change the settings to how many processes as long as you do a standby off it keeps the settings.

If you do a hard reboot /restart it reverts back to the default setting no limit to processes I know as I have played around with that setting already last month.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 Smartphone
profile.country.IE.title
patobrie9
Explorer

Think Sony is bad Panasonic ten times worse.!!!!
profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Blimey seriously!! Sony make some of the very finest hardware out their I'll standby that.

Their TV are let down by poor software development or software implementation.

Finally after the update in April my TV works like a dream I have KD-43X8307C 2015.

Took quite a while Sony finally got their... Just still not perfect perfect but we just hope and pray Sony learns from this and improves on their software development.

So Panasonic how comes I know they dropped Firefox OS as their platform a while ago?? Be interesting to here.

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

My TV goes back tommorow but I won't be buying another Sony TV till they change

the chipset maker.  Best of luck to you all.

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

I find it amazing that the Amazon prime video app is still a stuttering mess weeks after this update. Surely the amazon prime 4k app is one of the main selling points of these tvs. And if you try changing the picture settings while watching anything on prime video the whole tv stutters to an unwatchable mess. Staggering that they appear not to give a fig. 

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

@Kuschelmonschter wrote:

Indeed not completely fixed, see my bug tracker.

You can adjust lip-sync (=audio offset) in Kodi player controls...

From the bug list. 

DTV] [PVR] Recorded Title List not switching to 50Hz

[Last verified: V3.843]

… for smooth playback of PAL recordings.

--------------------------------

Ah. So finally I know why recordings look so poor and can only be watched with heavy motionflow applied. Like the Amazon prime mess I'm amazed this basic and fundamental error hasn't been addressed in any update. 

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Iv had that problem for ages to be honest even with Andriod 5 lollipop.

In fact takes me second time to get Amazon Prime to stream correctly and yes at anytime you want to even change the volume it jaggers and stutterers.

I mainly watch Netflix anyhow and get none of those issues in fact I don't any of those issues with any demand app just Amazon which I use. Now and again.

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

OK, just discovered another bug.....watching something on my Android TV Box and than switching over to Netflix.......and boooommmm...TV restarts,,,,,,,,every single time......this is just crazy:)

profile.country.GB.title
dabasto98

Literally just did an update to my Sony Bravia Android TV KDL43W809C
new firmware is PKG3.885.0137EUA

any ideas???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - FW Update

2K TVs:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-w75xc_w80xc-series/kdl-43w809c/downloads/...

4K TVs:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xd85xx_x85xxd-series/kd-55xd8577/download...

Benefits and improvements from the latest update

• Adds support for HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) HDR format via HDMI input
  • Reduces input lag for 4K HDR gaming
  • Resolves issue where the right-hand side of the screen becomes bright when changing input from HDMI (4K signal input) to Terrestrial
  • Resolves sound skipping when using Sonos sound bar
  • Resolves stuttering playback on Amazon video when pressing ACTION MENU or VOL+/- buttons
  • Resolves poor video quality on BBC iPlayer when using “Watch from start” feature