Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Anonymous

Is that all that this new firmware resolves or there are other "minor" not reported fixes?

Anything about "random reboots" "Amazon & Netflix", "Double infos" and " non changing info descriptions" for some terrestrial and satellite providers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MiCal1967

I am pretty confident it is not all that it fixes.  Its only just recently that Sony has provided a summary changelog.  A full change log is probably asking for the impossible.

Normally there are pages and pages of fixes.  Its unlikely that Sony will release an update that has half dozen or so - unless absolutely required that is.

Unfortunately I am in the dark on this one, as it seems this update I was not informed on.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Thanks @Anonymous

The only way to check is an Update with this firmware.

Has become a routine procedure any more :tv::sweat_smile::tv:

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Thanks for heads up!! Goona do it now

To be honest Sony customer service is a total discrase the way they have delt with these issues over the past 6 months.

I own a Sony KD-43X8307C and more or less it's been issues after issues.

I got my TV from John Lewis and they have been exceptional regarding their customer service and help over the past few weeks.

Iv not been able to use my external Hardisk for months now because it Unmounteds it self after a day or even after 3 days!!

Also amazon judder all the time. I complained about that over 3 months ago.

My Denon AV amp keeps switching it self on an off during the day when connected to HDMI ARC function. Iv had to keep it Un plugged when not in use.

I'm so ***** off right now at Sony and have made countless calls to them to fix this.

John Lewis have also kept the pressure on with Sony over the past 3 weeks and in fact John Lewis have given me a good will gesture from their end. They are still supporting me.

I'm waiting on a call back from Sony tommrow from the to offer me a replacement model and good will gesture back if they can't show any customer service John Lewis have told me they will step in further to get the matter resolved this is simply just not good enough Sony it's a total discrase!!!

I feel so strongly about this I'm going to write to BBC watchdog live program and I'm going to Wright to my local MP Borris Johnson.

I did not pay all this money not to be not to use my TV to its full functionalities in over 6 months realy.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 Smartphone
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Marcd51

If you can send me a PM with your case number, i'll see if I can find out what is happening.

I feel sorry for you if your local MP is Bojo :sob:

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

Very little feedback on this update. Does it actually fix the Amazon prime video mess? I'd also like to know in general whether it's a relatively harmless update before risking installing any Sony tv update. Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Iv did it last night it's not a particularly big update.

I tried Amazon last night and to be honest it's still not perfect maybe a tad better.

I pulled down the action menu and it still jerks the whole screen at times.

Using the volume button it still judders a slight Amount at times.

And I still getting Hardisk dismount issues as well did not even last a day with out having to yet again reformat my Hardisk.

And yes I even did a factory reset!

As ussal wait for months and not realy alot of difference.

It carrys May's 2017 security patch level.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Garymjh

Apparently it does fix 'some' of the Amazon Prime issues.  So worth it on that alone.

Myself and one other person (at this stage) reports the following error upon completing update.  But pressing OK seems fine.  Although a simple reboot I would recommend anyhow.

DSCN1173.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

Thanks very much to both. I had a feeling amazon wouldn't be properly fixed as it seems to be that the processor can't handle whatever the Amazon app does to stream their shows (even in hd not 4k)

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

This is the whole point! This is absolutely ridiculous..

I don't get these issues with Netflix or any other demand service.

Iv got friends that have Samsung and LG TV they don't get any of these issues it just works.

I have to start a stream and then stop the stream then start the stream to get Amazon to play and then it can take a few minutes for it to settle down.

I don't get any of these issues with Netflix!

My screen takes at times almost a min for it to come on. And at times it still takes almost a min for it to switch off???

It's terrible and the update still has not fixed these problems.