Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

Thanks very much. So I have the original update and it's definitely not worth installing this one. They've resolved one out of ten issues. Very poor indeed. 

profile.country.FR.title
nicogri

I am quite happy with it...

Don't no if it's the fact of flashing a second time a "quite same" update or a placebo effect but feels less buggy !

Also I think that future OTA are gonna release over this one so maybe one time or an other you gonna need to flash it

profile.country.RO.title
silverhoe1968
Explorer

Hi Guys, 

I solved the problem. It works fine now.

The problem was that it worked when I formated the USB on the FAT32 format!

Now I use the Marshmallow and it's OK.

Thanks @Marcd51 and @kinggo01 for your help!

Have a great week, all of you guys!

PS And one more thing, for the Sony and Android guys. Just work work together, get syncronized, collaborate, communicate and be present in the forum. Just do not let us shouting in the tunnel. Talk to us, listen to us, learn about our concerns, and get our ideas. Be Smart!

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

i have updated today to android 6.0.1 and it worked fine this time. the TV menu seems faster

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi Guys.. I'm working on a few tricks that Sony tech UK have given me this afternoon regarding the ongoing ''jadda'' saga with Amazon app.

I will post if I find a trick or solutions to this issue. Only seems to be amazon effected and that's with the new 3.85 updatedb still. To be honest all works 100% fine on my tv so far apart from Amazon streaming.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 Smartphone
profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

Didn't see anyone talking about OTA update. So far only USB cases.

I have decided to wait for the OTA update, so i would appreciate an info if anyone has already done it OTA and how did it go. Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
bemaniac84

Turn off reality creation it uses too many processor cycles. It seems to add unneeded sharpness to natural looking pictures by attempting to dig up detail by applying filters anyway.

Turned 4k HDR show from stutter to butter.

profile.country.GB.title
bemaniac84

Also I don't seem to have any crashing apps this time compared to the other MM update from Feb 17. I do still have stutter in the top third of the picture when using 30hz citrix receiver beamed content from work on my 60hz desktop though or sometimes when scrolling down facebook and a gif or video plays in a low framerate and triggers the stutters.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Turn off reality creation it uses too many processor cycles.

I don't think it does. I think it is handled by the X1 image processor which has the resources to handle such things at no cost.