Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@ultrablob

....and then your disk gets unmounted and half of the things don't work until reboot. Since drive formatted as internal are still disappearing.

Anyway, writing to external disks is still broken.

ultrablob
Explorer

@kinggo01 wrote:

@ultrablob

....and then your disk gets unmounted and half of the things don't work until reboot. Since drive formatted as internal are still disappearing.

I have rebooted my TV 2 times since the upgrade and my external hard drive hasn't dissapeard or been unmounted. For test I rebooted my TV just now and my hard drive is still there as internal storage, I also copied files and everything works just fine. So what's up your TV I don't know.

profile.country.RO.title
alineduard2001

Same my tv.

Writing to ext disk is not possible but is posible moving some app

( w808c)

It was much better  in android 5 😞

There was posible to do all i want with aplication like EsFileExplorer pro.

Now i can't :((

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@ultrablob wrote:

I have rebooted my TV 2 times since the upgrade and my external hard drive hasn't dissapeard or been unmounted. For test I rebooted my TV just now and my hard drive is still there as internal storage, I also copied files and everything works just fine. So what's up your TV I don't know.

reboot is not the issue, it's the cure. Disks formatted as internal get unmounted after some time in standby.

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

the TV menu works faster now and i'm very happy with the update so far

NOTES:

-  i tried to use a Sony stick of 32 GB for recording but it seems the minimum size is 64 GB. 

- when you press the INFO button on remote it doesn't display the channel resolution anymore

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

@kinggo01 wrote:

@ultrablob

Everything is still broken. All they've fixed is the ability to install a broken update for a larger number of people. 

profile.country.GB.title
TobyCG

@Marcd51 wrote:

One of the biggest advantages to having Andriod OS is Google always updates sercurity patch levels almost each month now or every other day my Xperia has April as well.

Just LOL.  Android is a totally insecure mess with massive amounts of malware in the wild.  That's the price you pay for such an open platform unfortunately.  Apple may get criticised for their "walled garden" but a closed system has serious advantages and security is one of them.

As for Android's security compared to other TV OSes like Tizen et all, again it'll be massively more insecure simply because it's such a target due to its ubiquity on mobile devices.  All the rafts of existing malware written to target Android phones could potentially wreak havoc with an Android TV too.  Not that anyone's TV should be exposed to inbound traffic from the Internet in the first place of course!

[Edited by moderator to remove comment re spelling]

profile.country.RO.title
alineduard2001

This upgrade still broken for my tv !

Do not fix my problem.The tv restart instead power of :(.

The strange thing is this happen's only after instaling some app as EsFileExplorer ( free or pro)or other kind of file  explorer  apps !!

What can be the reason??

I am verry disapointed because of this android Sony! 

butcher33
Explorer

Good god, I am so dissapointed for updating to MM... Losing the ability to delete files from ext_drive is a huge joke and then also the app fstarer for netflix button stopped working... jesus, why is this even considering beeing an update if half the things dont work.

is there a chance to downgrade to LP?

profile.country.RO.title
alineduard2001

@butcher33 wrote:

Good god, I am so dissapointed for updating to MM... Losing the ability to delete files from ext_drive is a huge joke and then also the app fstarer for netflix button stopped working... jesus, why is this even considering beeing an update if half the things dont work.

is there a chance to downgrade to LP?

Asking myself same question since first upgrade was possible  from february..

Nothing good at it..,only troubles from this marshmallow  😞

Sony say is not possible to downgrade but i think it is if can be rootated. I hope to find a way..