Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Nice. So kernel version is still 3.10.79. Only updating Android TV is pointless. Suppose all MediaTek bugs still apply...

profile.country.GB.title
chenks76
Explorer

update is not showing up on the sony support downloads page for my KD-43XD8305.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chenks76 wrote:

Im sure it will be there eventually.  Just takes Sony a bit of time to replicate the files across its servers and update webpages.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

@chenks76, today only for the 2017 series?...

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
chenks76
Explorer

where was the communication that today was only for 2017 models?

the notification i got on my 2016 model was that the release date was 31st May.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@chenks76 wrote:

Go straight to this link: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xd80xx_x80xxd-series/kd-49xd8099/download...

It says your TV (XD83) is supported as well. Mine is a 49XD8099 (Italian, but as I supected it didn't matter).

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Okay ok... Then you just have to wait...

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Kuschelmonschter What a mess. First it duplicated my post, then it deleted the second one. Anyway. I was saying that if you;re a maniac like I am about always setting the best picture, just the small menu on the right is worth the upgrade! :slight_smile:

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Marino.Manolo wrote:

And here for the "italian XD80"...

https://www.sony.it/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xd80xx_x80xxd-series/kd-49xd8099/downloads/0...

Manolo

Yeah, the file name is the same. So it should be the same identical zip file. I mean, I checked the file name of the previous release and it was the same in UK and Italy as well, so I went straight installing Android 7 from the UK file (I am busy this afternoon and I wante dto check it ASAP). But it doesn't matter since now it's out in both Countries!! :grin: