Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
Anonymous
Not applicable
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@Kuschelmonschter What a mess. First it duplicated my post, then it deleted the second one. Anyway. I was saying that if you;re a maniac like I am about always setting the best picture, just the small menu on the right is worth the upgrade!

I used to be one in my HTPC days. Now I prefer watching TV :wink: .

DarkStreets
Explorer

I'm really annoyed with the fact that I purchased a Sony KD-XD8599 thinking that it was a superior model to the KD-XD8005 but now find myself on the back foot because in reality it wasn't!

I now have to wait longer for an update although I paid more for my TV.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

It is indeed severe mismanagement that Sony released top models like XD85, XD93 and XD94 based on the old ATV1 platform from 2015, while giving the newer and more capable ATV2 platform to the entry-level models like XD70/XD80 a.s.o. That's a big no-no.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

@DarkStreets XD85 is a "superior model" but of the previous platform... ATV1 and not ATV2... This explain for the late update...

Manolo

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

This explain for the late update...

Still XD80 and XD85 are from the same year with same nomenclature. Nobody understands why the cheap model from the same year has the newer platform...

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

XD85 is spring 2016, XD80 is autumn 2016... Non the same...

Manolo

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

XD80 is from summer, only released about 3-4 months after XD85/XD93/XD94. So after 3-4 months on the market, those models are already rendered out of date.

It is still total mismanagement in my opinion.

You can read my full opinion in my review.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

"only released about 3-4 months after"

Ok but... On another "platform"...

Manolo

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

And that's the big no-no...

XD80 has the newer and more capable platform as XD85 despite same model year (D) and higher number (=better... in theory). There is no plausible reasoning behind it. Plus the fact that Sony has been fooling people concerning the spring 2016 models and YouTube HDR playback.