Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
DarkStreets
Explorer

@Marino.Manolo How do you feel about customer like me and many others who have been cheated when purchasing Sony TVs thinking that they were buying quality products? You name a TV with the XD80 tag and an other with the XD85 tag and say that the XD85 is superior when it was manufactured with last years hardware?

How would you have felt when it was you who was buying these products to later find out that the more expensive TV you purchased, purely by looking at the model numbers and it's price, to later find out you were misguided!

I am sure you wouldn't be happy too.

Now I want to know what you can do to rectify the deceive you brought upon customers like me? Can you or Sony wholeheartedly do anything?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @DarkStreets

Unfortunately @Marino.Manolo does not work for Sony or even a Sony affiliated company and hence cannot do anything in an official way.  Marino is expressing his views as a customer of Sony. 

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

XD85 has the X1 Processor, XD80 don't... Also Motionflow is superior in the XD85... So?
The XD85 is superior from XD80.
Today there aren't rules, a brand can release a new product not like a time ago... A new product with new features or evolved hardware, also in the same year.
But maybe is not a problem because I understand the world of PC's and Mobile...

Manolo

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Rather as Sony fan boy :wink: .

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Yes... My avatar is only "my heart"... :relieved:

Manolo

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Fan boy?...

I did not hurt you...

Manolo

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Excuse me all... From Sony Europe, because my avatar, I can not answer here anymore (english Community)...

By by... :kissing:

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

@Quinnicus wrote:

Bringing this thread back on-topic:

For those that have updated to Android 7.0 (Nougat) - I would be interested to hear your thoughts:

• What do you like
  • What dont you like
  • Any issues in installing
  • Any issues in the performance of the TV
  • Any bugs/issues at all?

Cheers

I agree, can we please stick to this?

I will upgrade later today: I was thinking of also doing a proper reset, and I'm OK in re-installing all apps and settings; the only thing I wanted to avoid was re-tune the channels from the sat-cam. Is there a way to export or keep those?

DarkStreets
Explorer

Right I didn't know that :sweat_smile: 

That being out of the way, I still feel sore. When I buy anything new, I always do a thorough research. I knew that the XD85 has it's advantages compared to the XD80 models. However the Important bit here, the SoC, which in my opinion is very important, is completely different.

At my time of purchase I had no idea that the TV I was purchasing was running on a SoC that was used in the 2015 models. I was truely under the impression that every aspect of the TVs manufactured in 2016 was new. Otherwise why in the hell would anybody buy a brand new TV with outdated / old hardware in it!

In my opinion Sony deliberately used similar product numbers / model names to misguide it's customers to purchase the TVs they manufactured with the older SoC. This was a great way to sell all those TVs they already had manufactured.

This is nothing buy a great deceive from Sony. I am really not happy.

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

I just installed Nougat (via USB): 5.1 passthrough via optical (which is my major issue with this TV) still does not seem to work on PLEX or KODI, however it seems to work on the native VIDEO app (as it already used to), but now also on the ARCHOS player (which allows to correct for lipsync delay, which is my other major issue with this TV)! 

I will test more... :fingers_crossed: