Join now - be part of our community!

Brand new Sony Bravia TV . No sound when viewing apps . IPlayer

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Paul.A.Thomas
Explorer

Brand new Sony Bravia TV . No sound when viewing apps . IPlayer

I can’t get any sound from my new Bravia TV . When viewing apps such as IPlayer .

Any help would be much appreciated .

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Jewers

This happened to my Sony KD-48A TV following a recent software update.  I switched TV off with remote and then unplugged it from the mains for ten minutes.  Sound then returned and has been okay thus far.   Hope this is a permanent fix.

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
stevendevenport
New

I had the same problem  with  my Sony  TV  & my Yarmah AV amp after  a update 😑 as reported power down  and leave  for few minutes the old power up and down trick seams  to work  

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
profile.country.GB.title
Jewers

This happened to my Sony KD-48A TV following a recent software update.  I switched TV off with remote and then unplugged it from the mains for ten minutes.  Sound then returned and has been okay thus far.   Hope this is a permanent fix.

profile.country.GB.title
raskell97
New

I have the same problem

profile.country.GB.title
Paul.A.Thomas
Explorer

Thanks

I will try that 

profile.country.GB.title
Paul.A.Thomas
Explorer

It’s very frustrating 

profile.country.GB.title
stevendevenport
New

I had the same problem  with  my Sony  TV  & my Yarmah AV amp after  a update 😑 as reported power down  and leave  for few minutes the old power up and down trick seams  to work  

profile.country.GB.title
Paul.A.Thomas
Explorer

Hi thank you so much . I did as you said , and it’s working fine . Thanks again

profile.country.GB.title
raskell97
New

Thank you, and to all who replied, the switch off/on worked and all is well.

A Happy Christmas to all.

profile.country.GB.title
HarryJi
Explorer

I have a Sony KD55A8, now only two weeks old.   First week of operation with no issues.  In the last  3 days the sound has disappeared when watching any apps (eg. I-player or Netflix).  Yes powering off,  unplugging and restarting has fixed it, just hope that it doesn't continue to do this!  Has happened twice in the last 3 days.   As I said first week of operation no problem at all, only change was that I had a request to update the software (for ios) and maybe this has caused it.  Anyone with a similar experience or can offer advice ?

profile.country.GB.title
Paul.A.Thomas
Explorer

Hi , I spoke to a tv repair man ,and he says this is common problem with new Sony TVs. We may have to keep switching them off every 3 days forever. I wish I had bought a different make .