Join now - be part of our community!

BUG: Random restarts after updating to 6.0.1 v6.1004?

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

BUG: Random restarts after updating to 6.0.1 v6.1004?

I have got a 49XD8099 and recently updated (via USB) to the latest Android 6.0.1 version, v6.1004 (March 15 2017 release). I don't know if it has to do with the fact that after updating I could find out why I couldn't connect to the WiFi, and configured the tv to use WiFi accordingly, but since then I keep having the tv restarting Android randomly once or twice per day with the television in stand-by.

I first could notice it because after a reboot it goes to the HDMI 4 (since I don't have an antenna I have set it up that way to avoid turning on the PS4), and then checking with the side-loaded CPU-Z I can see the uptime. Now it just restarted in front of my eyes.

Again, the only difference is that I am now using WiFi. I'll try going back to wired and see if it happens again, still I am getting quite tired of this kind of issues. Anyone else getting the same problem?

109 REPLIES 109
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

aaand... it started again! A couple of days ago. With no VPN apps installed, in case you've read my previous post. Actually I didn't install anything since my last post here. Now it has been quite for 20 hours or so, but I am frankly getting sick of this kind of issues. I expected much more from a Bravia tv, especially considering the great experience I have with Xperia phones. But sure, they run on Qualcomm SnapDragon, not some Mediatek junk.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Had one too this night...

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

The thing is that when it happens to me, it reboots at least 2 or 3 times per day. Then it stops. Well, it did the last time. Let's see if it stopped this time as well.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Tomorrow is release day for ATV1 (firmware V3.865). Sony is probably messing with their servers? It shouldn't crash devices though. I even have "automatic software downloading" disabled...

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Ah, I don't know anymore. Right now it's doing it once per day. With the last one 33 hours ago. Still, it shouldn't matter. Should not as in any change in the remote servers should never cause a client reboot.

But please report in here if you still get the issue with 6.0.1 as well! :slight_smile:

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I already had 3.843 installed which was based on 6.0.1 and also had the problem there...

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

My TV is currently rebooting every night.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kuschelmonschter

May I ask how you know its rebooting at night?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I typically switch off my TV in the evening from inside Kodi as I also use it for Live TV. When I come back in the morning and turn on the TV, Sony's own Live TV is running (instead of Kodi), which is always the case after a reboot. When I then hit the HOME button, the menu loads rather slowly as it is not in the RAM anymore. So the TV has rebooted...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh, ok.

I know this is going to sound like a newbie question here... But have you tested this with all devices disconnected from the TV (assuming you have connected devices that is).  Ruling out possibilities until only 1 possible answer remains.

But your not the only one complain of restarts/rebooted @Risc0n is too.