Join now - be part of our community!

FW-65BZ35F date and time problem

profile.country.GB.title
osterek

FW-65BZ35F date and time problem

Hello, monitor loses date and time settings, what can be the cause and how to fix it?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The platform used and Android TV, do you find it difficult to find the appropriate section?

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
osterek

FW-65BZ35F is Android 7.0

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
profile.country.GB.title
osterek

@Marino.Manolo wrote:

Read here:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00113024

Manolo

Thank you for the answer, however, the point is that the TV loses the date and time settings after some time (date and time is set manually). Can it be a faulty battery? Is it possible to exchange or check it?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I do not think there is a battery to keep the time on a TV, it's a strange problem, the cause could be anywhere. It will seem too much but you could try a factory reset.

However it seems a problem related to the power supply, if you use a multi-outlet try to connect it directly to the electrical outlet.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
osterek

I did restore the factory settings of the TV but unfortunately it did not help 😞 the TV is connected directly to the electrical outlet.

I have a schedule for switching the TV on and off and because the TV does not keep the time settings, the TV switches on and off at the wrong time.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

But he loses the date and time settings even if they leave them automatically?

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
osterek

It does not take an hour automatically because it is not connected to the NTP server and the internet.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

It will seem strange to read it but try to keep it unplugged for at least 10 minutes.

Manolo