Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI ARC Issues HT-CT390 & KD-43x8307C

SOLVED
statto007
Explorer

HDMI ARC Issues HT-CT390 & KD-43x8307C

Hi there.

I'm having issues with connecting my new Sony HT-CT390 soundbar to my KD-43X8307C Bravia 4k TV.  Everything seems to work ok when connecting via my Optical cable but when I replace this and attempt to connect using my HDMI cable (4k high speed) from soundbar to ARC HDMI port on TV I get no sound.

Reading Quinnicus post at the top of this forum that this might be an issue I have tried the first three suggestions to no avail.  Point 4 is ARC specific and suggests

"This step is specifically for people who are having problems with ARC (Audio Return Channel) on connected sound deviced such as Soundbars, AV Receivers and Home Theatre Systems. The above 3 steps should fix most problems but if not, sometimes the ARC needs to be enabled in the settings of the device.

The specific setting for ARC is generally located in either the HDMI settings or the ‘Control for HDMI’ settings. Many devices require HDMI-CEC (Control for HDMI) to be enabled in order for the ARC setting to be enabled"

This would therefore seem to be the fix required however I am unable to find where these settings need to be changed in either the TV settings menu or the soundbar menu

Any help would be most appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Taking this from the top, can you confirm the following:

TV:

• The HDMI cable is connected to the ARC port on the TV (HDMI 4 on your TV)?
  • And that the HDMI cable is connected securely at both ends
  • Is Bravia Sync enabled on your TV.  See HERE for instructions.
  • Is the speakers set to "Audio System"?  See HERE for instructions.

Soundbar:

• Is the correct input selected on the soundbar - should be set to TV.  Press the [INPUT] button repeatedly until its selected.
  • On the soundbars remote control, Press the [MENU] button and go to "AUD >" and check that "TV AU" is set to "AUTO" - page 15 of the manual.
  • Still in the menu, goto "HDMI>" and ensure that "CTRL" is set to "ON" - page 16 of the manual.

Soundbar manual is HERE

Thats it I think.

Cheers

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Taking this from the top, can you confirm the following:

TV:

• The HDMI cable is connected to the ARC port on the TV (HDMI 4 on your TV)?
  • And that the HDMI cable is connected securely at both ends
  • Is Bravia Sync enabled on your TV.  See HERE for instructions.
  • Is the speakers set to "Audio System"?  See HERE for instructions.

Soundbar:

• Is the correct input selected on the soundbar - should be set to TV.  Press the [INPUT] button repeatedly until its selected.
  • On the soundbars remote control, Press the [MENU] button and go to "AUD >" and check that "TV AU" is set to "AUTO" - page 15 of the manual.
  • Still in the menu, goto "HDMI>" and ensure that "CTRL" is set to "ON" - page 16 of the manual.

Soundbar manual is HERE

Thats it I think.

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Just a little OTT (hoping that you solve the problem with ARC in the mean time): how do you setup your HTCT390 soundbar? In front of the TV? Is it blocking the TV remote in this way? Some guys are asking me this question before buying it

statto007
Explorer

Quinnicus you are a godsend! All of the aforementioned were correct but Bravia sync had not been activated! Now all running perfect!

Thanks again for your help. 

statto007
Explorer

Problem indeed solved.

I actually have it on a 2nd shelf just below TV so not affected by the problem you mentioned. 

Quite think actually though so wouldn't really block anyway I don't think. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome :slight_smile:

I might need to edit that HDMI guide to include Bravia Sync !

Cheers

statto007
Explorer

Hi Qinnicus 

There seems to have been a software update on my tv that has meant the soundbar is now not connecting again! Have gone through the previous instructions but to no avail. It would seem that after the update the Bravia sync menu option has changed. Would be grateful if you have any more ideas!

Cheers 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately the first thing to do, especially if things dont work properly after a firmware update is to factory reset the TV.  See HERE for instructions.

See how that goes.

Cheers

Sam523
New

I done everything you said but nothing happened...my ct390 is still not working with my sony bravia W56D using HDMI arc

Josh-Mac
Explorer

Hi,

Sorry to jump on this post, I have a similar problem and have been searching the net for a while. I've tried the things you suggested in this thread.

I have a Sony KDL-50W829B and a Sony HT-CT380, I've connected them via HDMI in the ARC ports. The TV's volume via the soundbar is low and basically no different than if it's switched off, yet if I connect a device via Bluetooth it plays very loud? I've checked the settings on the TV and soundbar as per your links and also my Sky HD box via other posts, I changed that to Dolby instead of normal. 

I dont know what else to do? I thought it was better to use HDMI via ARC instead of the optical? Should I have a connection from the Sky box to the soundbar maybe? 

Please help 😕

Thank you