Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI ARC Issues HT-CT390 & KD-43x8307C

SOLVED
statto007
Explorer

HDMI ARC Issues HT-CT390 & KD-43x8307C

Hi there.

I'm having issues with connecting my new Sony HT-CT390 soundbar to my KD-43X8307C Bravia 4k TV.  Everything seems to work ok when connecting via my Optical cable but when I replace this and attempt to connect using my HDMI cable (4k high speed) from soundbar to ARC HDMI port on TV I get no sound.

Reading Quinnicus post at the top of this forum that this might be an issue I have tried the first three suggestions to no avail.  Point 4 is ARC specific and suggests

"This step is specifically for people who are having problems with ARC (Audio Return Channel) on connected sound deviced such as Soundbars, AV Receivers and Home Theatre Systems. The above 3 steps should fix most problems but if not, sometimes the ARC needs to be enabled in the settings of the device.

The specific setting for ARC is generally located in either the HDMI settings or the ‘Control for HDMI’ settings. Many devices require HDMI-CEC (Control for HDMI) to be enabled in order for the ARC setting to be enabled"

This would therefore seem to be the fix required however I am unable to find where these settings need to be changed in either the TV settings menu or the soundbar menu

Any help would be most appreciated!!

13 REPLIES 13
Josh-Mac
Explorer

Hi,

Sorry to jump on this post, I have a similar problem and have been searching the net for a while. I've tried the things you suggested in this thread.

I have a Sony KDL-50W829B and a Sony HT-CT380, I've connected them via HDMI in the ARC ports. The TV's volume via the soundbar is low and basically no different than if it's switched off, yet if I connect a device via Bluetooth it plays very loud? I've checked the settings on the TV and soundbar as per your links and also my Sky HD box via other posts, I changed that to Dolby instead of normal. 

I dont know what else to do? I thought it was better to use HDMI via ARC instead of the optical? Should I have a connection from the Sky box to the soundbar maybe? 

Please help 😕

Thank you

Tags (1)
AndyBirch
New

As per Josh Mac. I am connecting a Panasonic to my Sony HT-CT390. I have tried various combinations but the volume through the TV/Sky/Sony Blu Ray is way lower than via a Bluetooth device. I am connecting the Soundbar via the ARC HDMI socket on the TV (Input2) but it there is no sound or picture when AV2 input is selected. SKY HD Box goes into HDMI 1 (no ARC) and Blu Ray into HDMI 3 (no ARC). When these AV channels are selected the sound output through the Soundbar is barely louder than the TV volume itself. What am I doing wrong? There is no difference if I connect the Optical cable and swap the HDMI PORT to a non ARC connection as per set up instructions. The only possible thing is the HDMI Cable itself which is 'gold standard' and not a "high speed HDMI2". Would this really make a difference?

Any help out there?

profile.country.GB.title
stuartrd
Explorer

sound bar does not work 

profile.country.GB.title
Braian87
Explorer

Hi I have a Sony Smart TV KD-65X725E with HDR (KD-65X720E compatible / KD-55X725E, etc) connected to a Sony Home Theather HT-RT3 (5.1 audio system with HDMI-ARC)

Both are connected using HDMI-ARC.

If I turn off the HT-RT3 and turn on Again after a few seconds (about 10-20 seconds) using some App (Youtube or Netflix) the audio mutes, TV still shows "audio system volume" if I press the volume buttons. No matter if I have the app or the TV turn on or off when I turned off the HT-RT3...

My Workaround: (Please if some Sony Software Engineer can use this workaround as hint to solve this problem)

If I go to Home (that exit from the youtube/netflix app) and go to settings menu, and in speakers I set it to Internal Speakers, and then again to Audio System Speakers and re-open the app the sound works fine again.

So, this is related to the Sony TV firmware/software, since just enabling and disabling the internal speakers it solves the problem. Please fix this.

This also seems to be related to some signal from the HDMI that fails when using a bad/cheap cable or even in combination to a Cable Box with HDMI-CEC (feature that turn on-off the tv using the Cable Box Remote Control)