Join now - be part of our community!

Info banner randomly appearing with the PS4

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Info banner randomly appearing with the PS4

When playing with the PS4 usually once per session the banner with the HDMI port and resolution appears randomly. I have a 49XD8099 and it happened with both 6.0.1 and 7.0. Other people reports that it happens with the PS4 Pro as well.

I am not sure if this has been reported in here (I'm in both UK and Italian forums and I mix them sometimes), but in case did anyone find a way to fix it? Also, does it happen with the Xbox One as well, for people who have it? Because I have a feeling it's mostly a PS4 issue.

Actually I have done now a quick search and it seems I am not able to find a post with a similar issue. Doesn't it happen at all? My PS4 is usually set in English, the only difference is that I have the tv in Italian. I dunno, just wondering.

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jecht_Sin

Havnt forgotten about this thread either.  Checking with Peter_S first as one of his replies mentioned asking a colleague.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jecht_Sin

"My PS4 is usually set in English, the only difference is that I have the tv in Italian. "

For the sake of completeness - can you test having the TV and PS4 set as the same language?  Meaning, both in English or both in Italian.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Quinnicus wrote:

Hi @Jecht_Sin

"My PS4 is usually set in English, the only difference is that I have the tv in Italian. "

For the sake of completeness - can you test having the TV and PS4 set as the same language?  Meaning, both in English or both in Italian.

I thought I wrote that already. Or I probably.wrote it only in the Italian forum. Anyway, yes, I did set the tv to English (with the PS4 in English) and somehow the issue seemed to have disappeared for 10 days. Then I did a reset to factory settings of the tv and it appeared again. Still, I am not very sure the language can be related to this (but who knows). 

For example now I have the tv in Italian with ClearAudio+ turned off, the PS4 in English with Bitstream either Dolby or DTS as format for the  audio outut (no more Linear PCM) and it didn't happen in 3 days. I highly suspect the issue is related to the  tv audio settings instead. Which are also inconsistent as reported in that other thread.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jecht_Sin

I have escalated this thread to Sony Support.  As I cannot find out any further info - I suspect you are probably right too :slight_smile:

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Thanks as usual @Anonymous. I mean, it's a very nasty bug. Too much random. Also, if it may help, an Italian user claims it happened with the PC connected via HDMI too.

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

Happens to me when I watch you view connected through hdmi and also my blu ray.

profile.country.GB.title
Educated_Pork

I've also experienced this when using my PS4 to view Blu-rays.

PS4 is connected to Denon AVR-X2300W, which is then connected to my KD-55XE9305. I've not touched any of the audio settings on the TV since I got it, as I use ARC to ensure all audio is shoved through my AVR.

I was wondering if it was related to a change in broadcast audio configuration on whatever Freeview channel was left tuned in before I changed inputs to the one associated with my PS4/AVR (assuming that the Freeview decoding is still occurring in the background in this instance). My assumption is based on the way that when viewing some Freeview channels I see the banner appear when transitioning into/out of advertising breaks that have different audio properties (surround/no surround etc).

I guess a useful test would be to tune to a channel that's not broadcasting (eg: one that doesn't start until evening), and then change to the PS4 - as there'd be no change in broadcast audio configuration then maybe the banner will not appear). I'll try to give this a go over the weekend - maybe others could try too?

Dean

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

After the changes I mentioned I didn't have the issue anymore. Or maybe once. I was loading the game save in FF XII.Then I don't know if it depends on the game as well. A guy said that it is constant playing FIFA 17 replays.

Anyway, please let us know how it goes.

profile.country.GB.title
omegafluxx
Explorer

Just to add, I experience the same problem on my setup with the same randomness, once or twice per evening. It only seems to happen on my PS4 (I also use Xbox One but that seems fine).

I have the 49XE8005, and the PS4 Pro if that makes any difference.

I will try tinkering with the settings/cables as has been suggested in this thread.

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

Well I haven't been on my ps4 for a while and it happens no matter what hdmi input I'm using.