Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XD8599 Problem since Marshmallow update

Deblob
Explorer

KD-55XD8599 Problem since Marshmallow update

Hi all.

New to the forums so please excuse if I've posted in the wrong thread etc.

Basically, since my TV updated to Marshmallow around 2 weeks ago I've been having an issue with apps running and leaving a faded square box in the top left corner.

Sometimes it's smaller but sometimes can r half the screen.

Happens only on Apps (Netflix, Amazon, Kodi) and not on any HDMi channels.

Seems to happen possibly 80% of the time and I've not found a way for it to stop.

I've reset the TV to factory settings numerous times and also restored with current firmware that i downloaded from the Sony site and flashed using a USB stick.

Also I've ensured that all the apps are up to date via Google Play Store.

Can anyone confirm wether this is a one off in my case or wether the issue is more widespread?

I've attached a few sample images for you guys to see.

Many thanks.IMG_20170319_234053.jpgIMG_20170319_234101.jpgIMG_20170319_235356.jpg

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ouch, that is not good.  This is the first time I have heard this issue to be honest, so unlikely to be a widespread issue (famous last words...)

Question though, how long does this faded square box stay on the TV for?  Does it ever go away? 

Thanks for the pics - it clearly highlights the issue.

Cheers

bigjohn1980
Explorer

i too have this problem but it was before the update but after having a new board put in

bigjohn1980
Explorer

ps here is a utube cideo that i have done

https://youtu.be/Fb1dG43aUIs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Deblob

I have escalated this issue to Sony support for them to investigate and resolve.  I suspect that the Marshmallow update is coincidence as to me this is more hardware related.  But I am purely guessing to be honest.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @bigjohn1980

Can you please confirm the model number of your TV?

Cheers

bigjohn1980
Explorer

Hi@Quinnicus

Thank you for you input my tv is a kd-65xd8599

I.have been emailing sony for.about 4 weeks now about this but keep asking.me to do this and other but nothing is working but i have also got other problems with tv resetting not turning off.  I did have it repaied about 4 months ago by sony repair center but it still resetting and also there in no serial number.in the system setting so i got them back to be told there was nothing they could do about it

I did.post a post.on here about it

Thank you

John

Spoiler

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @bigjohn1980

Do you have any Case ID numbers that you could foward to me via Private Message?  This is so I can forward everything back to Sony and they know specifically the case number etc.

I do remember your other thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/xd8599-now-says-8505/m-p/2252769

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

For completeness of thread - I have escalated @bigjohn1980 issues to Sony too.

profile.country.GB.title
MarkF42
Explorer

I have a KD-55X8005C and have the same issue since MArshmallow update.  I have only noticed it in Amazon - a rareky use any other apps.  The top left corner seems to be in HD / much brighter than the rest of the screen.

To resolve I stop the play and resume. Usually fixes first attampt, but last week took 3 or 4 attemps to clear it on one occasion.

Happening on lots of different recordings - all on Amazon Prime.