Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XD8599 Problem since Marshmallow update

Deblob
Explorer

KD-55XD8599 Problem since Marshmallow update

Hi all.

New to the forums so please excuse if I've posted in the wrong thread etc.

Basically, since my TV updated to Marshmallow around 2 weeks ago I've been having an issue with apps running and leaving a faded square box in the top left corner.

Sometimes it's smaller but sometimes can r half the screen.

Happens only on Apps (Netflix, Amazon, Kodi) and not on any HDMi channels.

Seems to happen possibly 80% of the time and I've not found a way for it to stop.

I've reset the TV to factory settings numerous times and also restored with current firmware that i downloaded from the Sony site and flashed using a USB stick.

Also I've ensured that all the apps are up to date via Google Play Store.

Can anyone confirm wether this is a one off in my case or wether the issue is more widespread?

I've attached a few sample images for you guys to see.

Many thanks.IMG_20170319_234053.jpgIMG_20170319_234101.jpgIMG_20170319_235356.jpg

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
rainbow106

Hi.

If you have a cover plan from knowhow part of currys .

Then you should get in touch with them as our tv experienced lines across whole tv.

knowhow  tech expert will try to repair it but if it can not be repaired ie screen replacement.

They will get in touch with sony then sony will decide what the outcome will be.

I hope this will help you .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Just so that everyone is aware - Sony is investigating this issue with urgency to find out the cause and solution to this problem.  My advice is to contact Sony Support : HERE

Cheers