Join now - be part of our community!

Kd49x8005 Marshmallow black/shaded bar

profile.country.GB.title
rjm1967

Kd49x8005 Marshmallow black/shaded bar

Hi,

Since upgrading to marshmallow after it was re-release, I'm getting the black bar appear from time to time. It only occurs on playback from tv content (Netflix, YouTube, Kodi, etc), but not in menu functions, or hdmi sources.  If I switch to an external source and back again it goes away. A reboot also gets rid of it.  Doesn't happen all the time. I've had a week or so without it, but it's don't it three times this weekend.  Any thoughts?IMG_2949.JPG

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.GB.title
federal12
Explorer

It seems pretty random, I also find Amazon app very poor with stuttering sound/video when it first starts. Buffer too small I think. It seems no matter what issues you have nothing is ever done about it. It’s definitely the last Android TV I’ll ever buy. Stupid TV even relies on Android for the HDMI inputs, so if it stuffs up you can’t watch anything.
Very little thought went into the design of this.

profile.country.GB.title
CROFFEY
New

This is my third and last Sony TV. All 3 have had issues after 18 months
and Sony never seem interested or willing to help.
profile.country.GB.title
rjm1967

Hi,

Problem still occurs from time to time. I did log a call with Sony and no zero response.  Somebody else mentioned about not having it on cast from standby, but 95 out of a 100 times it's fine when I do this.  I'm mostly very happy with the set apart from time annoyance.

profile.country.GB.title
fitness4thought82
Explorer

i thought it was just me with the amazon
keeps stuttering for the 1st minute or so..its unwatchable for that period
very poor..i dont know if its amazon player or if its the android
profile.country.GB.title
CROFFEY
New

I've just had it again. Turned the TV off and back on again and it's gone.
I can't keep doing this though. I was all geared up in my Batman suit ready
to watch the Dark Knight and then had to spend 5 mins resetting the TV. It
ruined the moment. There must be a reason and a fix.
profile.country.GB.title
hearntd

Hi,

I've been having the same issue, I've contacted support and after going through a load of stupid and pointless steps, they have said this moring "We can confirm that your case has been escalated for further investigation and you will be updated within 24 working hours."

I'm a stoborn bugger so will be riding them on this, I've found seveal threds on this so I'll try and keep people updated on all the threads as to what responce I get.

colmgeo
New

Try press “Guide” button on remote and then hit back: presto, bar gone. 

profile.country.LU.title
papadi
Explorer

Hey, the "Guide" button did the trick! The annoying horizontal bar is gone! I wonder how quickly it is going to come back!

And I wonder why Sony hasn't come with a proper fix all this time people are reporting the problem.

profile.country.GB.title
federal12
Explorer

Lol,

just got got an email from Sony saying it looks like there is a solution! Using the guide button seems to work but when I back up it goes to HDMI and then I need to restart Netflix. If Sony think this is an acceptable fix then we’ve got no hope of a real resolution.

i have found a better fix, I’m now putting money in a jar every time I watch anything until I’ve saved enough for a new TV. Judging by how long this issue has been ignored so far I think my fix will work before Sony’s will.

profile.country.GB.title
hearntd

I'm with you there, that's not a "fix" it's a temp sollution to mask the problem.

I've today had a reply form Sony today and they say thatt they are investiating the issue, we'll see how long it takes. I've highlighted the fact that there are loads of people with the issue and how anoyed they are eith it and Sony.

They have also indincated that they are aware of the Amazon issues and that there will be a fix in the next update that is due soon, so it's possible that things are moving all be it very slowly...