Join now - be part of our community!

Kd49x8005 Marshmallow black/shaded bar

profile.country.GB.title
rjm1967

Kd49x8005 Marshmallow black/shaded bar

Hi,

Since upgrading to marshmallow after it was re-release, I'm getting the black bar appear from time to time. It only occurs on playback from tv content (Netflix, YouTube, Kodi, etc), but not in menu functions, or hdmi sources.  If I switch to an external source and back again it goes away. A reboot also gets rid of it.  Doesn't happen all the time. I've had a week or so without it, but it's don't it three times this weekend.  Any thoughts?IMG_2949.JPG

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.GB.title
rjm1967

I tried your suggestion, but the problem came back after a couple of days.  Guess that I will have to log a call with them.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rjm1967

Would you prefer that I escalate this thread to Sony Support instead of you calling them, as it has information that is hard to explain over a phonecall in my opinion.  Let me know anyhow.

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @rjm1967

Did you update to v.3885 latest firmware?

Perform a factory reset and then install the new one.

Seems that your issue is a problem of close/refresh for the volume BOX.

Anonymous
Not applicable
profile.country.GB.title
rjm1967

TV was updated to the latest firmware, but problem still occurs, and a reboot does clear it for a while.  Must contact Sony directly.

profile.country.GB.title
federal12
Explorer

Same issue here - only appears when streaming content, menus and external inputs fine. Appears on Netflix and Amazon (not tried other sources). To be honest whoever thought of running a TV on Android needs shooting.

profile.country.GB.title
fitness4thought82
Explorer

I have this too and I have the exact same tv in the same size..

profile.country.GB.title
CROFFEY
New

Hi,

Is there any solution to this problem yet? I have the same issue with a KD-49X8305C.  Only does it on cast, netflix, kodi or anything streamed online.  Its fine on the guide, homepage and normal TV.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
fitness4thought82
Explorer

if it helps..ive noticed it only does it if you cast to the tv when the tv is not already on (from standby) ..if you are casting mske sure the tv is already switched on 
profile.country.GB.title
CROFFEY
New

Thanks for the advice. I've tried different things and at the moment it's
not doing it all. What I've now noticed is that it's random. I can't
exactly put my finger on why and when it will do it.