Join now - be part of our community!

Kd49x8005 Marshmallow black/shaded bar

profile.country.GB.title
rjm1967

Kd49x8005 Marshmallow black/shaded bar

Hi,

Since upgrading to marshmallow after it was re-release, I'm getting the black bar appear from time to time. It only occurs on playback from tv content (Netflix, YouTube, Kodi, etc), but not in menu functions, or hdmi sources.  If I switch to an external source and back again it goes away. A reboot also gets rid of it.  Doesn't happen all the time. I've had a week or so without it, but it's don't it three times this weekend.  Any thoughts?IMG_2949.JPG

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.GB.title
rjm1967

Had to wait a while for the bar to appear again, but the guide button work around does appear to be at least a quicker option that a restart.  Not ideal, and I'd still like Sony to fix it as I bet it's a quick fix.  As an aside, I logged a call with them some time back and received no reply whatsoever.

profile.country.GB.title
hearntd

Oddly enough I had a reply from Sony earlier this week.

They are cliaiming that this will be fixed in the next update.... However they don't know when it will be released!!

Oh how you've got to love them...

WIZZsoft
New

On my Sony KD55-A1 none of the mentioned solutions work. No guide+back nore restart.

So any assistance from Sony on this issue is greatly appreciated!

profile.country.GB.title
federal12
Explorer

Hi,

This issue cleared for me some time back, I assume by a software update. I haven’t experienced this for what I guess would be around 8 months. I’d follow any instruction you can find to ensure your tv is in the latest software.

Matthew

Sent from my iPhone