Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-43W805C - Google Play Store Empty?

SOLVED
pantalej
Explorer

KDL-43W805C - Google Play Store Empty?

Hello all,

I have a problem with the Google Play Store. When I open the application its Home screen flickers with what is supposed to be shown, you know... apps and such, and then it goes empty - there is nothing shown. As seen here: device-2015-12-13-172513.png

Anyone have the same problem? Or better yet a solution?

57 REPLIES 57
casper501
Explorer

firmware = PKG2.647.0052EUB

google app store  = 6.0.2-leanback

Dione7624
Explorer

firmware: PKG3.155

app store version: 6.0.2-leanback

pantalej
Explorer

Sony supoort has send me an email with workarounds, that I will try as soon as I get back home.

JFYI:

- Workaround 1: Go to “Home” - Settings - Network - Remote start - Switch to Off - Unplug and re-plug TV power cord. Did this Workaround help to resolve the issue ?   

- Workaround 2: Go to “Home” - Settings - System Preferences Date & Time - Automatic Date & time - Switch to Off - Unplug and re-plug TV power cord. Did this Workaround help to resolve the issue ?

profile.country.RO.title
alexw85

Nothing

pantalej
Explorer

Neither of the provided two workarounds had any effect on the Google Play Store application for me as well.

alinux33
Explorer

It looks that 6.0.2 leanback its the latest PlayStore version for Android TV, but if you guys think that might worth trying to downgrade to previous version 5.10.31, see how it goes and try to upgrade to 6.0.2 again. 

Here you can get the apk's for PlayStore for android tv:

http://goo.gl/9znaja

playstore.PNG

profile.country.RO.title
alexw85

you cannot downgrade. It's from the app itself because before the update it was ok with the 5.10.31 leanback

alinux33
Explorer

Just saw there is a new firmware update v3.179 as of today 02.02.2016 for W8c and W7c models.

I am currious if this will fix the PlayStore empty issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please confirm if the new fw resolves the problem.  It is 'hoped' that it will, but unfortunately this problem cannot be replicated in testing.  So fingers crossed

profile.country.RO.title
alexw85

Worked after the update. After the first restart asked for licence agreement again and now it's back like it used to BE. Google store empty