Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

"As I have said before, your issue is not a kind of bootloop. This a kind of display driver recognition from new firmware."

not quite sure about that. if drvier problem i guess the everything-goes-well white light should be turned on while the tv is on. however some symptomatic flashing lights comes into scene on this case.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi again

No Green/Amber light is an "issue" whenever a mainboard does not recognise the Display-Tcon board that contains information in its eeprom about LCD specifications. It happens almost everytime a Display or main board changed if happens to be programmed for a different default device

That is also why I insist about Safe Mode.

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

if i access my tv ip it redirects me but does not load the page: http://192.168.1.5:10000/contentshare/WebApp/index.html

when the led is green-amber, if you hold the up-arrow button on the remote and press the power button on the tv, the led becomes white - stable! You can still hear the music and menu sounds but nothing else, the screen remains black. Which one is better?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @HUSH2H

How do you access your TV IP ?

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

ok good then. at least we are taking some further investigation on weekend :slight_smile:

about connecting the LAN -> "adb". at least the wifi has been disabled with the new update-reset-whatever. Maybe thought ethernet LAN should conect?

direct conection. are we saying here that "fastboot -w" with a not data usb cable should be allowed to work here without previously being connected as adb?

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

@MiCal1967 wrote:

Hi @HUSH2H

How do you access your TV IP ?

from my browser, the tv was reset before updating so no developrer. what does the stable white light mean?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

I don't know if a wired connection can do the same, but as I remember this couldn't.

Could work though. You can try.

USB to USB worked for @aoriol but I don't know which USB port was used, since officially there is not a USB to USB connection same way with smartphones.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Try this trick. I don't know if this works:

Home

Down arrow until beep stops(this is Settings)

Enter

Right arrow until beep stops (this is About info)

Enter

Down arrow until beep stops (this is Build)

Enter many times (more than seven times?)

Now if we are lucky and this works you are a Developer :thinking:

[Added new]

Now to access ADB Debugging -> ON :

Someone else might be able to help with movements and beeps from Home screen at your Language

Home

5 down (no more moves)

enter

2 down

enter

8 right(no more moves)

enter

1 down

enter

enter again

one up

enter (this set ADB Debugging from OFF to ON)

I think that steady white is Operational. Blinking white is Programing

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

guess hush2h cant be a developer or something else since he is unable to change any setting with a black screen :slight_smile:

maybe ethernet can work, only last to know if tv will recognize a connection straight from the router without modifying any setting

profile.country.CZ.title
kodein
Explorer

I have to same problem....  Czec republic, kdl w808c....    Sony should be solved as soon as possible