Join now - be part of our community!

New firmware

sebciu0
Explorer

New firmware

Did someone knows what's new in firmaware 3.533 for KDL-50W809C?

31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.GR.title
MeReNdAs69
Explorer

As I did not have a laptop or PC I could not test the usb drive until some hours ago.

After I plugged it in a Win 7 PC, it asked for a "scan & fix" action, thing which I did. After it was finished, I realized that all of the pictures that didn't show up in the TV were actually corrupted.

Some of them were just blacked out as seen through kodi & album app, and others had some colored horizontal lines instead of the real picture. 

I deleted all the above, added some new pictures and plugged the usb drive back in the TV. All of the new pictures now show up correctly.

So, in order to review my above posts:

When updated to 3.533 Firmware while having a usb drive plugged in, files in the usb drive were corrupted.

TV: KDL-W755c

USB Drive: Transcend 8Gb Jet Flash usb 3.0

profile.country.GB.title
continentalgt187

User update on the new firmware - Sony Bravia KDX49X8305

Having used the new firmware for a few weeks I can say that pretty much all of the problems I had previously encountered have gone.

The performance is very snappy indeed and much more stable, I havent experienced any lag so far, no android re - boots and so far no TV switching itself on.

The recording and playback functions to USB stick works well but would benefit from a time counter to aid fast forward/rewind etc.

Really pleased with the progress even though I had to wait for a very, very long time, cant wait for Marshmallow, hope I havent jinxed it.