Join now - be part of our community!

New firmware

sebciu0
Explorer

New firmware

Did someone knows what's new in firmaware 3.533 for KDL-50W809C?

31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are people finding this new update?  Any major issues to report? 

Im finding the TV perform much more 'zippier' at this stage (although I did do a factory reset).  Changing channels via YouView seems to be far more responsive too.

profile.country.GB.title
Kevin8098

I've had one crash so far when trying to play a 4k netflix video the screen froze green, and then no other netflix video would play, also turning to any TV channel still shown this green screen. A reboot solved the issue and i've been unable to replicate it however. I also agree the TV does seem more responsive (no factory reset ever)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Ive moved the issue about HDR Game mode into a new dedicated thread.  It can be found:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/hdr-game-mode/m-p/2251679

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
continentalgt187

So far so good the new FW seems quite zippy, doesnt seem to have the lag issues of the previous version, early days but as I said so far so good.

sebciu0
Explorer

I found on my tv new screen settings, like: move screen and 14:9 display.

profile.country.GB.title
Batemansxxxb
Explorer

Updated last night & all was well until about 10 mins ago,whilst watching ch 83, the tv switched itself to the home screen(app page) and the message youview has stopped, I pressed ok, then tv & it"s back to normal now,getting sick of the glitches lately,will see if there"s any improvement

profile.country.GB.title
fd89-7hhgo
Explorer

At the risk of it all going pear-shaped. It looks like we've got the firmware we've been waiting all along for.

DD in Amazon - tick.

No more lag in the menus - tick

No more bashing away at the power button - tick

The issues that will become to light over time are:

poor wifi

poor performance in netflix and especially with Amazon.

and will the BBC fix iplayer!

nickucronoss
Explorer

Hello. I updated last night my Sony KD55x9305c and now I can't use Youtube, VLC or the video app from the TV. With every update comes a problem, that's what I saw on my device. I erased all data and did the reset of the TV 3 times but I can't use it like before the update.
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

This update has improved the whole TV function. Menus are massively smoother especially under game mode where it used to lag like hell. HDR works fine for gaming and TV, shame the tv does not have local dimming or bright enough to make it work properly. Also Amazon finally has 5.1 sound and is much smoother to use too.

Issues still prevailant

1. Auto picture mode - Still locks to the last chosen setting
  2. Audio - Still locks sound on my Sony 1050 amp to sports after selecting football mode when hdmi sync enabled.
  3. Youtube - Sound still has horrible lip sync issues, really must be fixed!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Batemansxxxb wrote:

Updated last night & all was well until about 10 mins ago,whilst watching ch 83, the tv switched itself to the home screen(app page) and the message youview has stopped, I pressed ok, then tv & it"s back to normal now,getting sick of the glitches lately,will see if there"s any improvement

OK, I was just watching BBC 24 News (CH107) and its just bombed out and threw me back to the Android Home screen - I didnt get a YouView error message or anything.  Something to keep an eye on anyhow !!