Join now - be part of our community!

Questions/issues with new KD55XD9305 & remote control

SOLVED
kowalski99
Explorer

Questions/issues with new KD55XD9305 & remote control

Hi

I've just got my new TV but am dissapointed with the standard youview SD and HD channels from the built in tuner. Reviews online have suggested that its a great TV with all formats but I cant agree. I am sitting pretty close to the TV- 1.5m away. Are my expectations too high?

I have tried some demo 4K content from Youtube which mostly looks great but there are some strange effects when the blacks move to lighter scenes - i can just describe as it as looking blocky and unnatural. 

In addition, the remote does not have the mic in it. The model is RMT-TX100D. Have I been supplied with the correct product? The build date on the set is September 2016.

Thanks for any help/ suggestions!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have played that YouTube clip on my TV (KD-55XD8577) and cannot see what you are referring to.  So I assume its fine on my TV.

Why not go back to your retailer and see if you can play that YouTube clip on one of their demo TVs and see if there is an issue - if there isnt, get your TV swapped.

In regards to the remote control, as far as I understand the model numbers have not changed.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I'll see if I can attempt to answer/help you here.

Q1 : Picture Issues

Leaving the SD broadcasts aside, HD should look much better.  Have you tried adjusting the picture settings or seeing if you can calibrate the picture.  See this FAQ HERE

Q2: YouTube

These strange effects that you are referring to, is this only on 4K content?  Some people have been complaining about 'picture smearing' on the XD94 series TV - but I have not heard of this on the XD93.  See this clip below (but be aware this is a worse case example).  Is this similar to what you are referrnig to:

Q3: Remote Control

The remote control model that is supplied with this TV is : RMF-TX200E - You will need to contact your retailer you purchased it from and ask them why you have a different one.

kowalski99
Explorer

Hi

Thanks for your comments/suggestions. I'll try the picture calibration as suggested and see if the problem remains.

As an example using the video embedded here from about 2 mins 50s in there is a tree and to the left is a deep black hillside, but the TV struggles with this causing dark blue digital boxes which look odd, like the TV isnt processing the contract correctly

The dark smearing/blocking does occur on HD and SD broadcasts occasionally too.

I'll speak to the retailer about the remote but I wondered whether my remote was sent out with later built sets?

Thanks again for your help to date

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have played that YouTube clip on my TV (KD-55XD8577) and cannot see what you are referring to.  So I assume its fine on my TV.

Why not go back to your retailer and see if you can play that YouTube clip on one of their demo TVs and see if there is an issue - if there isnt, get your TV swapped.

In regards to the remote control, as far as I understand the model numbers have not changed.

Cheers