Join now - be part of our community!

Random Android Reboot

profile.country.GB.title
billdog

Random Android Reboot

I have seen previous comments of a similar nature but wonder if anyone is currently experiencing the same now.

My 2017 Bravia XD8305 49" is nearing the end of its warranty (the previous one listed 5 yrs 2mths!) so I aim concerned.  Since last Android update in March 2021 I have experienced random rebooting of Android system. I have not been establish any pattern. I have tried switching on TV first then and Virgin V6 and the reverse.  Sometimes on switch on or soon after : sometimes after about half an hour- sometimes more.  In all cases (but one) the sound goes first followed by the picture about 10 seconds later then blank screen and reboots Android when it restarts where I left off.  

I reported it to Sony who had me doing factory reset etc. without any change. Told to be patient and it would be sorted in next software update.. Except it isn't .  Another factory reset. Locking up. remote not working. Unplugged from wall got it going but not solved. Told I have been to be patient again as it has been referred up to technical (again!). Virgin Media say they have no knowledge of problem.

Surely I can't be alone?

39 REPLIES 39
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hello again ^^ did you try a factory reset? Also, out of curiosity, are you using Wi-Fi or LAN? And also, do you use any USB devices?

profile.country.GB.title
billdog

Yes twice but no cre.  Wi-if and cable tv. No USB.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hello, I would say try contacting Sony directly: https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/contact?cat=audio-video-headphones&cpint=spt-footer_contac...

They might have something different to say.

profile.country.GB.title
billdog

Did that in February.  Still no cure.

Piscie
Community Team

What did they advise with?

profile.country.GB.title
billdog

As above: Factory Reset and unchecking some options that I can’t recall. But made no difference. 

Piscie
Community Team

If the reboot is still evident, I guess it's better that the TV gets repaired by Sony's technicians.

profile.country.GB.title
billdog

They are sending an engineer Monday next.  After months of saying it is software related I am surprised but we will see.  Will keep you advised. 

Piscie
Community Team

Well, hopefully everything will be sorted out very soon!

profile.country.GB.title
billdog

Thought an update was due.

Sony sent an engineer to swap out the main pcb to allow an update to take place but it did not work. Now reboots once every day.

Possibly might work with a future update where original pcb wouldn’t?