Join now - be part of our community!

Recordings and factory reset

SOLVED
profile.country.FI.title
lestile
Explorer

Recordings and factory reset

Recordings on USB HDD are linked to the device (or rather the whole drive is?), do they still work ok after a factory reset? I certainly hope so, but I didn't find a confirmation about this. I assume I would have to re-do scheduled recordings anyway, but that's not a biggie.

My only gripe after Marshmallow update is the favorite list selection reset at every turn. But the best thing ever with the update is the smooth Guide launch, no more annoying delay with no sound and black screen!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

Recording should work after reset. But keep in mind that disk with recordings can disappear just like any other disk under MM so restart might be needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

Recording should work after reset. But keep in mind that disk with recordings can disappear just like any other disk under MM so restart might be needed.

profile.country.FI.title
lestile
Explorer

Ok thanks. Yes I've occasionally noticed (and had a few scares) that the HDD had disappered or that the TV doesn't register it as a a recording device anymore. But it has always come back after a reboot or simply just after waiting a moment. No lost recordings or anything.

profile.country.FI.title
lestile
Explorer

I did the factory reset since I've had a few untimely reboots, lost part of one recording also because of that. But I can report that recordings are ok and working after factory reset. I also think that the TV is behaving a bit better and more smoothly now, so looking good so far.