Join now - be part of our community!

Sound delay changing channels

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Sound delay changing channels

Recently, (last software update) whenever you change channels, there now appears to be a slightly longer delay in receiving the sound on the new channel...?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Tobias, 

Welcome to the community. 

This sounds frustrating. Which model TV do you have? 

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
Towser60
New

I have the same problem, my model is KD-43X8309C

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Hi Pascal,

KD-55XD8599.

It would appear that it occurs on NON-HD channels only.

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Towser and myself have the same issue and I am therefore guessing we are not alone and there are probably many others.

Please can this be put on the 'Bugs' thread so it can be resolved in the next software update.

Many thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
TGillott
Explorer

I have this problem too, my model is KD-55S8505C. After the comments re HD channels not being affected I did a careful comparison, and I found that HD channels do appear to have less of a sound lag than non-HD, but that's because the picture AND sound are delayed slightly when changing HD channels, and then cut in more or less together. But HD and non-HD channels do behave differently. Does anyone know the current build number to report a bug?

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Last year it was the ‘sound popping’ of the channels being too high. 

Then after a few few months it was fixed in an update and actually mentioned it in their fix.

I hope they fix this aswell ASAP...

profile.country.GB.title
TGillott
Explorer

I am new to this community, how do you report a bug please?

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

I have found another post with the same/similar problem re sound not kicking in immediately when rewind/forward on Sky since the March 28th firmware update:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/kd-55xd9305-55-uhd-4k-smart-tv-audio-drop-after-update-on...

profile.country.GB.title
ononye
Explorer

Hi Tobias, 

Thanks for the response and for leading me to this discussion and putting a link to mine here as well. It is quite frustrating,  but I am trying to make do with it until they (hopefully soon), provide a solution. 

Best 

IO