Join now - be part of our community!

Touchpad Remote RMF-TX100E issues!

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
scatz76

Touchpad Remote RMF-TX100E issues!

Ever since we bought the TV (KD-55S8505C) we've had issues with the touchpad remote!

It used to be every now and again but lately it constantly does not work.  I have been through the reset procedure (Holding volumn down + on/off + touchpad) and re paired to the TV.  It will then work for a while, literally maybe a few minutes or hours, then stops working again.

Extremely frustrating and was wondering whether anyone knew of an issue or of a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
scatz76

Thanks, never did get round to solving it back then.  Funnily enough, thought I'd give it another go ysterday.  However, all I did was put the batteries back in and hey presto, it was working straight away.  Had tried new batteries previously without sucess so can only assume one of the updates since I posted resolved the issue :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
adyjay33

The thing to do is return the TV and the remote back to Sony and get a new TV from another manufacturer.

Problem solved.

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
chrgray
profile.country.GB.title
scatz76

I read something to do with a firmware update causing issues but there had been a fix for thet....which didn't work :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
scatz76

chrgray, thanks for the link but this has been done and still the problem persists.  The problem also exists having followed Sony's recommendations for turning bluetooth off and on again after the firmware update to resolve the issue!

SCCMOG
New

I have just been given a new Android TV and had issues with this remote paring. Follow my Guide here to get it to work :slight_smile:

Or copy and paste this into your browser to get there.

https://community.sony.com/t5/4K-Ultra-HD-TV/Sony-Touchpad-Remote-Control-RMF-TX100E-Pairing-with-KD...

profile.country.GB.title
scatz76

Thanks, never did get round to solving it back then.  Funnily enough, thought I'd give it another go ysterday.  However, all I did was put the batteries back in and hey presto, it was working straight away.  Had tried new batteries previously without sucess so can only assume one of the updates since I posted resolved the issue :slight_smile: