Join now - be part of our community!

i have a sony handyman i tried to finalize a disk half way the disk slipped and now i cant finalize or unfinalize does anyone know of a way to get to my files as i dont want to lose them

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
yorky9013
Visitor

i have a sony handyman i tried to finalize a disk half way the disk slipped and now i cant finalize or unfinalize does anyone know of a way to get to my files as i dont want to lose them

i have a handcam i tryed to finalize a disk but i slipped and it didnt finish finalizing now i cant finalize or unfinlize can anyone help  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello yorky9013 - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It may be possible to extract the raw data from the DVD using specific data recovery software and there are various products on the market that claim to be able to recover data from discs that are in this state of 'limbo' i.e. neither finalised or un-finalised (formatting will make the disc usable again but at the cost of losing the original data).

ISOBuster is one such piece of software and it is available in both free and paid-for versions from here:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ISOBuster

There are of course other options available by googling terms such as 'DVD data recovery'.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello yorky9013 - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It may be possible to extract the raw data from the DVD using specific data recovery software and there are various products on the market that claim to be able to recover data from discs that are in this state of 'limbo' i.e. neither finalised or un-finalised (formatting will make the disc usable again but at the cost of losing the original data).

ISOBuster is one such piece of software and it is available in both free and paid-for versions from here:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ISOBuster

There are of course other options available by googling terms such as 'DVD data recovery'.

Thanks,

Simon