Join now - be part of our community!

Looking for PMB batch conversion

SOLVED
profile.country.de_DE.title
wrostek
Visitor

Looking for PMB batch conversion

Hi all,

I run a german version of PMB V5.2 and don't have the correct english terms at hand.

What I'm looking for is the capability to extract snippets out of a long mts file not one by one.

In my case I've to frequently extract about ~50 snippets out of an 1h video. Most of the time I'm waiting for the computer to store the snippet. This way I'm wasting a large number of hours a year.

The feature I would like to see is while I'm viewing the video to add start/stop tags only.

In the end this list should be converted to snippets in one go by default naming conventions.

This way I'm not bound to sit in front of the computer watching most of the time the progress bar storing each snippet.

Is this the right place to raise such a request?

Thanks

Message was edited by: wrostek

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi wrostek, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This is a public forum and a good place to share your experiences with other forum visitors. Sometimes this will include Sony product developers and, occasionally, ideas that you put forward might even be included in discussions on future releases.

The sort of organisational feature you mention is available with commercial video editing suites, but it's probably too advanced an option for the software that comes free with the camera. Both to make it very easy to use, and also to keep costs down, camera manufacturers keep their bundled software very simple and basic.

I thought I'd also mention that PMB is no longer in development; Sony now ship PlayMemoriesHome with their cameras. Here's a link to the relevant page at Sony Germany: http://www.sony.de/hub/playmemories/3

Cheers

Mick

Message was edited by: Mick2011

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi wrostek, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This is a public forum and a good place to share your experiences with other forum visitors. Sometimes this will include Sony product developers and, occasionally, ideas that you put forward might even be included in discussions on future releases.

The sort of organisational feature you mention is available with commercial video editing suites, but it's probably too advanced an option for the software that comes free with the camera. Both to make it very easy to use, and also to keep costs down, camera manufacturers keep their bundled software very simple and basic.

I thought I'd also mention that PMB is no longer in development; Sony now ship PlayMemoriesHome with their cameras. Here's a link to the relevant page at Sony Germany: http://www.sony.de/hub/playmemories/3

Cheers

Mick

Message was edited by: Mick2011

profile.country.de_DE.title
wrostek
Visitor

Hi MIck,

thanks for your feedback. I'll look at it.

The good thing about PMB was that it was able to play AVCHD on my medium size laptop.

Wolfgang R.