Join now - be part of our community!

Song HDR-TG3 issues holding charge

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
barry_sims
Visitor

Song HDR-TG3 issues holding charge

Hi all

I have had this camera a few years now but last year it stopped holding the charge in the battery for any length of time. Must admitt I just put it in the drawer out of frsutration, after buying a number of new batteries, all with the same issue.

Basicly - I can charge the battery to full capacity - it seems to work fine, records, takes photo's, although the battery life has never been brilliant I'm sure I have been able to turn it off - leave it a day or two and come back to it with the battery still holding the charge.

However, at the moment, if I fully charge, leave for a day or so - the thing is dead. I have tried several new batteries - all Sony - same thing happens on them all.

The quick start option is turned off.

Really enjoy this camera and would love to start using it again hence my pulling it out of the drawer - just not found anything like as good since.

Any help / advice welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Barry, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Is this the newer GPS-enabled version? GPS is often the source of mysterious battery drainage and should be switched off in the camera settings before storage.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mick2011
New

Hi Barry, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Is this the newer GPS-enabled version? GPS is often the source of mysterious battery drainage and should be switched off in the camera settings before storage.

Cheers

Mick