Join now - be part of our community!

Cash back problems

profile.country.GB.title
Chrishall
Explorer

Cash back problems

• I am losing the will to live! I am trying to claim a Sony cash back for an RX100 Mk4 and am currently getting nowhere! I’m being told that the jpeg image of the Amazon VAT invoice is not clear enough. On my computer it’s so clear that my 100 year old granny could read it from a mile away without her glasses! I’m getting the impression that Sony are doing everything they can to stop the claim going through. I’ve phoned the support desk several times without getting any further.  Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions please? 
34 REPLIES 34
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the community.

This sounds frustrating - I'll see if I can get some advice for you. Maybe someone else in the community can help in the meantime.

Thanks,

Pascale

I have issues with the cashback claim as well. I am completing all the fields, and then submit, and I am redirected to a site sorry.sony.co.uk which says there was a problem and the engineers are "working" on it. Then when trying to resubmit, I am told that a cashback for this product was already submitted. I am trying to check to status of the claim, but guess what, I do not have a claim number to check it, and so I am stuck. I am sure that I will not receive anything and then I will be told that the claim was lost somewhere and did not meet the deadline.

Very ugly, and not professional way of dealing with this promotion, it is shamefull. And when I think I've spent so much money with their products...this is just pulling me away from this company/brand

profile.country.GB.title
Chrishall
Explorer

Many thanks Pascale. I am constantly being told that my scan of the proof of purchase is no clear enough. It's very clear on my screen! I don't think I'll be buying a Sony product again unless it's sorted really soon. 

profile.country.GB.title
Chrishall
Explorer

I am getting nowhere with this and will not be buying a Sony product again in the future. Good luck! 

profile.country.GB.title
mr-michael
Explorer

Same hear too.

Bought and registered Sony RX111 from John Lewis. With £150 Sony cash bach offer.

Waited 30 days as required took a very clear photo of the serial number and copied the JL VAT invoice.

Was told that they couldnot see the seial number clearly !!!!

And the John Lewis vat receipt had not enough info.

Just back from  a two holiday and told my claim was now invalid as i have passed some 10 day cut off to reply.

Angry and frustrated i am off to John Lewis to see if they have a better receipt.

i feel like piggy in the middle.

xpensive camera

profile.country.GB.title
Chrishall
Explorer

I feel your pain! This is more or less a mirror image of my problem! I'm convinced it's a concerted effort on their part to put so many hurdles in the way in the hope that you will hive up! I'm determined to carry on the fight. My scanned document was as clear as day. I even sent a 'zoomed in' version, all to no avail. Good luck with your fight1 We must compare notes again. 

profile.country.GB.title
firemantrippy
Explorer

Had the same thing happen when I tried to claim for a Sony Flash FVL-F43M, they said the photo of the Serial number did not match the Serial number on the sales slip, the serial number was stamped into the flash but the last figure "9" was niot very distinct, after I threatened to put it on social media, hey presto they honoured the cahback, but I agree looks to me like they are trying to get out of as many "cashback" claims as possible, just about to put in another claim for an RX10 M3, should be interesting.

profile.country.GB.title
firemantrippy
Explorer

Threaten them with "Social Media", and resubmit your claim, it worked for me.

profile.country.GB.title
mr-michael
Explorer

Update. I recieved the £150 cashback after sending yet another picture of the serial number and the JL VAT invoice

I also asked for them to comfirm that it was all in order. Not a sausage, b****er all. But the money appeared in my account two weeks later.

If only their customer skills were as good as the camera.

I really didn't need to feel like Angry of Tuinbridge Wells. Thank you Sony.