Join now - be part of our community!

Cash back problems

profile.country.GB.title
Chrishall
Explorer

Cash back problems

• I am losing the will to live! I am trying to claim a Sony cash back for an RX100 Mk4 and am currently getting nowhere! I’m being told that the jpeg image of the Amazon VAT invoice is not clear enough. On my computer it’s so clear that my 100 year old granny could read it from a mile away without her glasses! I’m getting the impression that Sony are doing everything they can to stop the claim going through. I’ve phoned the support desk several times without getting any further.  Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions please? 
34 REPLIES 34
HotSh0e
New

It is quite a performance claiming your £50 back I know, practically have to give your life history + also had to photograph my new Sony camera with its serial number showing.  Did you do that? Is there some way of enhancing the print on your Amazon receipt and make the print bigger, perhaps that might help. Silly question but have you asked why they cannot read the print? Also couldn't claim back until after a certain date I discovered this from someone at Sony - email. 

profile.country.GB.title
chrhall28

All sorted now thanks (see higher up this thread). I’m just about to send a different claim off so fingers crossed! 🙂

profile.country.GB.title
wiplumb48
New

I agree with your sentiments. I have submitted a claim several times to be informed that it is not valid. I dont know how to go about resolving this issue as i have processed the claim correctly. I made the purchase because of the cash back offer in prefernce to a Nikon camera which would have been cheaper.I would hope that Sony support would get back to me and tell me precisely what else I need to do to get the calim accepted.

profile.country.GB.title
chrhall28

Isn’t it frustrating! I do hope you get the money soon. I’m still waiting for my second claim to be paid. At least this time my document submission was accepted. 

profile.country.GB.title
Briopad

After buying my Sony A7 camera in December 2018 and registering after the 30 days I have received the same standard letter of not being able to read the receipt. I have sent another but it seems all we are doing is playing their games. 

Will contact Trading Standards tomorrow as they must be aware of what’s happening by this dreadful company and refer them to these posts. Wish I had never bought Sony and should have gone with Canon. 

Absolutely disgraceful company

profile.country.GB.title
chrhall28

Good luck. Isn’t it a shame as I do love Sony cameras and lenses! 

profile.country.GB.title
Briopad

Told Sony Customer Services today that I was writing to the CEO at their head office in London about this mis-selling of this cash back promotion. They wouldn’t give me ( but said they didn’t know) his name or address. Oh right!!!  Trading standards advised me to do this with an official complaint as they have broken the contract. 

The young lady said the photo of my receipt was not clear!!

I had taken the photo with the new £1,000 A7 camera equipment that I bought !! That says a lot about their product

***** you couldn’t make this up could you. 

Why would Sony treat customers so badly?

profile.country.GB.title
chrhall28

The whole process is so frustrating! I’m still waiting for my second cashback claim to be honoured. I’m sure they hope you give up! 😡

profile.country.GB.title
Briopad

Hi Thanks and good luck to you. I just can’t believe how thick they are when they spend millions on advertising and seem determined to pee loyal customers off 

profile.country.GB.title
HDUK2171
Explorer

I sent mine off in the 30th Jan, the last one i sent off it didnt take long but looking at your posts they seem to be playing a game, so im expecting the same, i sent them a pic took on my iphone of the reciept last time. 

Id say to them theres something wrong with your camera, if they say they cant read a photo taken with it, not good advertising for them, Fingers crossed we all get it sorted ASAP.

Is there anyway of seeing how the claim is going, or just the case of waiting game?

Cheers