Join now - be part of our community!

Cash back problems

profile.country.GB.title
Chrishall
Explorer

Cash back problems

• I am losing the will to live! I am trying to claim a Sony cash back for an RX100 Mk4 and am currently getting nowhere! I’m being told that the jpeg image of the Amazon VAT invoice is not clear enough. On my computer it’s so clear that my 100 year old granny could read it from a mile away without her glasses! I’m getting the impression that Sony are doing everything they can to stop the claim going through. I’ve phoned the support desk several times without getting any further.  Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions please? 
34 REPLIES 34
profile.country.GB.title
chrhall28

I haven’t tried this but there is a support team you could contact. Phone number is:

0207 365 2810

Good luck! 

Chris 

profile.country.GB.title
Briopad

Thanks Chris. That’s a new number. Now thinking of small claims court as well. Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Briopad

The web page they set up has been shut down that tracks progress so you can’t see. 

All this bad publicity to save a few quid. They must be stupid

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi Briopad,

I concur with chrhall28 that your best bet is to contact the support team. Also, not sure about the page you're trying to access but here's the cashback tracking link.

All the best,

Tenneen9000

profile.country.GB.title
Briopad

Thanks very much for that. I wish Sony could have handled this promotion  better. It seems to have upset so many people. I had a phone call yesterday saying it would now be paid after another 28 days. Why another 28 I do not know. Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
chrhall28

I think the reason is clear! They would rather keep the funds in their account for 28 days than give it to us! 😡

profile.country.GB.title
chrhall28

The saga continues! Having waited for weeks and heard nothing, I phoned the helpline this morning to chase it up. Five minutes after putting the phone down, I got an email confirming that my claim was accepted. I was told I needed to wait another 28 days for the payment. 

When I mentioned all the complaints about their customer service on the Sony UK Community site, the agent was very dismissive and told me that it was just a forum for complainers and nothing else! 

I will not be taking up any more Sony cashback offers and feel totally let down by the company. 😡

profile.country.GB.title
Briopad

It’s such a pity that they have handled this promotion so badly.

yes i am getting the same problum with sony / But if we all link up and take everthing that we got to stander traeding office we will get a good crak of the whip./  and i will put it on facebook ect ect ect and in the loacl papers

profile.country.GB.title
chrhall28

Not many people have responded to my original post. I’m hoping someone from Sony is reading this.