Join now - be part of our community!

Something wrong with my new DSC HX350?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Sony-Cybershot-User
Explorer

Something wrong with my new DSC HX350?

Hello, I just bought a new DSC HX350.  It's great, but I think I might have a problem with it.  When I click the shutter button, quite often I hear 3 clicks, instead of 1, and when I hear 3 clicks, there is a lengthy pause while the message "Processing..." is displayed on the screen.  What is happening please?  It's like it's taking 3 pictures, rather than just 1.  There doesn't seem to be a reason for this, because I simply press the shutter button in the same way, in other words, the same pressure applied to the shutter button, every time.

Thanks a lot for any comments! :slight_smile:

Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Sony-Cybershot-User
Explorer

Thanks for everyone's help!  It's really appreciated! So the camera is just fine.  That's really good to know.

Just a couple of things please, if anyone has time:

1) I take photos of computer components, eg sound cards, indoors, with no light box, with no flash, with no tripod, and near a window.  I stand over the component, which is sitting on a piece of grey cardboard. 

Would anyone have any advice as to what modes/settings to try please, to take a nice shot?  Thanks a lot for any comments.

A friend of mine mentioned Aperture priority, and f-stop of 8, with an iso of 80-200.  Does this sound like a good plan of action?  Atm, I just do everything using Superior Mode.  The results are OK, if perhaps a little "gloomy looking".

2) I get lots of duplicate emails from Sony Community about this topic.  For instance, for the latest solution that was posted above, I got notified 4 times by email.  Is this a known issue?

Thanks for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
SandraCoopmans
Explorer

If you find out how to set 'Aperture priority, and f-stop of 8, with an iso of 80-200', I'd be interested to know. 

To my knowledge there is no published Reference Manual/Handbook (that can be printed for future reference about any topic on this fine camera) and this causes frustration when you want to find out something and you don't want to throw  just any question onto this forum and fill it up with info that should be available in a proper reference manual (and not the on-line help manual available now).

I know for sure there is a Handbook for the DSC-W350  (it carries the reference 4-162-397-11) but I can't find one for the DSX-WX350 ...

Thanks for any help

profile.country.GB.title
Sony-Cybershot-User
Explorer

This version of the manual is quite good:

https://helpguide.sony.net/dsc/1640/v1/en/print.pdf

Click the download button, to get the PDF version saved to your computer.

I think the aperture priority is found by turning the main settings wheel on the camera to A, then sliding the tiny little cog wheel to change the f-stop value.  The ISO setting is found in the menu area.

profile.country.GB.title
SandraCoopmans
Explorer

A good start to a proper handbook.
See if I can add page numbers to it for future practical reference 😉
Thanks

--
*Disclaimer: This email is confidential and intended only for the use of
the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that
any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is
strictly prohibited*