Join now - be part of our community!

Sony RX100 IV suddenly stopped working.

profile.country.AE.title
Mansoor.A
New

Sony RX100 IV suddenly stopped working.

Hello,

So I have a Sony RX100 IV I brought in the first weeks in came out. Worked great, I didn't use it in a couple of weeks, I tried to use it recently and it won't turn on or even show the orange light when plugged in. I bought another certified battery and still, nothing happens. The camera was not dropped or anything since I bought it just stopped working suddenly!! 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Mansoor.A and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

It may not help, but could you try plugging the charger

into the camera without the battery inserted for a little while and then

reinsert the battery and try to power the camera on?

profile.country.AE.title
Mansoor.A
New

Tried your solution, unfortunately nothing happened 😞

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi

Thanks for trying anyway :slight_smile:

(It was reported to have worked on some previous models)

It may be worth trying a power reset, (if you haven't already) by removing the battery and holding down the power button.

If you still have no luck then depending on your warranty, date of purchase etc.

you're best contacting Sony Support or your retailer about this fault.

Hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
janeynoelle
New

This happened to me too!  I haven't used my RX10 iv in a few weeks, and it has worked perfectly until now.  I'm packing to leave for an event I'm photographing in the morning, and I checked to see if my SD card was clear.  To my great surprise - my camera doesn't turn on!  Nothing.  No light, no noise.  I've charged three spare batteries, none of them work.  

Please help, if you can!  I'll be checking throughout the night, as I'm leaving at 6am for the event.