Join now - be part of our community!

Reader Store

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
katlover
New

Reader Store

Probably a stupid question but can you buy ebooks from uk reader store when you live in ireland?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

To save time, can I suggest you look at this post ....

Sony Book Store For Ireland

which will tell you most of what you need to know - it isn't a stupid question at all.

I don't really know why Eire isn't able to "use" the UK store, but suspect the reasons are tied up with copywrite/intellectual property rights etc... rather than technical .... :thinking:

You can use the legal free sites though (Project Gutenburg, etc...) and buy from most anywhere else though, even from US in euros/sterling etc... - can I suggest you could sign up to"MobileForums" which will give you a lot of helpful info regarding this, and "how to..". (free to join, and secure).

They also have a vast free library of their own as well, for all members.

Another good idea is to install "Calibre" ereader management system on your PC/laptop, (again, free, and secure) - very easy to use, from all sources, and gives you a good way to compile your own library, again, for books from all sources, so no software problems, works very well with all Sony devices/models by simply plugging in.

Hope this helps :cool:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

To save time, can I suggest you look at this post ....

Sony Book Store For Ireland

which will tell you most of what you need to know - it isn't a stupid question at all.

I don't really know why Eire isn't able to "use" the UK store, but suspect the reasons are tied up with copywrite/intellectual property rights etc... rather than technical .... :thinking:

You can use the legal free sites though (Project Gutenburg, etc...) and buy from most anywhere else though, even from US in euros/sterling etc... - can I suggest you could sign up to"MobileForums" which will give you a lot of helpful info regarding this, and "how to..". (free to join, and secure).

They also have a vast free library of their own as well, for all members.

Another good idea is to install "Calibre" ereader management system on your PC/laptop, (again, free, and secure) - very easy to use, from all sources, and gives you a good way to compile your own library, again, for books from all sources, so no software problems, works very well with all Sony devices/models by simply plugging in.

Hope this helps :cool: