Join now - be part of our community!

WARNING SONY YOU ARE A DISGRACE!!!

jeremymc1974

WARNING SONY YOU ARE A DISGRACE!!!

Hi all, I just want to make people aware of how bad Sony uk has treated me and my disabled son. My son had a 8 month old Sony Z3 that was sold to us as waterproof down to a meter as demonstrated by the Sony stand in the Trafford centre. My son is disabled and just about got to grips with the phone and he loved it and took it everywhere with him. He keep it in a protective case and as you would expect the phone had a small amount of dust under the case so I removed the case for him and washed the phone in the sink for around 30 seconds with all flaps closed during this time the phone somehow failed due to water ingress and my son got very very upset because he lost all he photos from the variety club meetings that he always attends. I called Sony who eventually asked me to to fill out an online request for service and then I should get an email asking me to post out the phone to- SBE Ltd Freepost NAT19593 Ashford Kent TN23 7BR. Eventually the email arrived after numerous phone calls to Sony's premium rate number so my wife who is a custody sergeant for the police wrapped the handset in bubble wrap along with a letter explaining the fault and then placed it into a padded envelope. Sometime later I received an email asking for £300 to repair the handset, so I called Sony again who were very rude and said eventually that the handset has been smashed into many parts and suggested my wife and myself are liars and that the handset had been send already destroyed, I asked for evidence of the packaging and the letter to see if there was any damage to it but Sony and SBE were unable to provide this, they said it had been deposed of (very conveniently) I was shoked by this and said, how do I know it was not destoryed by SBE or in transit the agent said Sony “WILL NOT REPLACE THE HANDSET, IT IS POSTED/COURIERED AT YOUR RISK” and that by posting it out we had somehow agreed to this in Sony's repair terms and conditions and that the quote for £300 is for a new handset, after sometime on the phone and not getting anywhere the call agent agreed that the only way to guaranty the security of the handset is to hand deliver it SEB in Kent and not to post it. After this I will never buy another Sony product as im sure you will agree.

repair order 1-22546533883

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

From my understanding, your complaint has been forwarded to Sony Mobile department - ive requesting this be followed up as someone should have contacted you by now.

Cheers

Edit: From my understanding, Sony Mobile should be in contact with you today.

jeremymc1974

sony have still not contaced me, they know they are wrong and this is why no contact.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony have advised that they have been unable to contact you by phone but informed us that they are now in contact via email and as this is now a matter between you & Sony it is probably best to close this thread if that is ok?

Cheers

jeremymc1974

Hi there thanks for all your help. Sony have not contacted me other than to say that the phone was not damaged in the post or by there repair centre and that they will NOT be replacing it. Sony are total rubbish, you can not get hold of anyone who knows or understands what's going on with your case, they either send you an automated email saying they will contact you back in 48 hours and never do or lie about what's going on with the phone. I will never ever buy another Sony product and I advice others to do the same, there alright when it comes to taking your money but there after sales is a joke and they lie through there teeth. I was dealing with a guy in Gateshead there new office called Wayne Whitton @ Sony Mobile Baltic Place (South Shore Road), Gateshead, NE8 3AE , he is a managed at the age of 25 with no people skills and who has been with sony less than 12 months so has next to no training, he has promised he has had an full investigation but has done nothing not even contacted the repair centre like he said he did. I called the repair centre and they said they receive around 2 or 3 hand sets a week that arrive damaged like mine did in the post and that it is not uncommon but according to Wayne it never happens!! The nice lady at the repair centre emailed me a copy of the letter that was rapped around the handset during transport and it shows as ripped to shreds (see last reply), this is evidence to prove that the phone was damaged in Sony's hands but still they say its my fault, Wayne bears a grudge because ive promised legal action against him and Sony for smashing the phone and hiding the evidence. I think this says it all for sony in the uk. Please do not close this thread..

Thanks jeremy

jeremymc1974

image showing folds and damage1.jpg

jeremymc1974

Please dont close this tread..

thanks jeremy

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry to hear you are not getting the answers you are looking for but unfortunately there is little more that we (the Experts) can do for you in this community because we have limited contacts for Sony mobile staff as they have there own community..

You really are better off posting directly to the Sony Xperia Community because they have similar users that could hopefully escalate your case to Sony mobile staff on your behalf..

I hope you get the solution you are looking for & I wish you good luck..

profile.country.GB.title
lavender6464
Explorer

I had very similar unpleasant experience with them.

sent them Z3 compact xperia for repair(so called sudden death)by next day signed for,paid extra for the postage.

It took them 5 days to finally say they received the handset but eventually replied they managed to have found it.

Then they sent me a"repair quote"that being unable to repair my handset they offer me USED replacement for almost £300.

When I chased them,their representative named Steve something(complaint dept manager)rang me eventually back claiming that THE SCREEN WAS CRACKED!!!!
I would not be surprised at all if it was caused by their lack of professionalism.now they attached two pictures of a handset with cracked screen.this picture could have been taken anywhere.I wouldlike to see the handset when it was being taken out of the bubbly envelope...

The should be closed down for cheating on their clients.some brothels are better ran than that lousy company.

and the worst is-there is nowhere to turn to.

If I had more legal help(or money for that matter to sue them)I would do it.The handset was a gift for my fiancee.and despit the fact it was 4 mths old it looked intact.how can they lie to their clients like that??

Regards,

Gerome

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @lavender6464 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Have you posted on the official Xperia forum Here?

As @Thalamus. has explained above, we don't cover phones

on this forum and you're more likely to get some help over there.

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
lavender6464
Explorer

yes,I have.

I have also been in dispute with them because I do electronics myself for a living AND DONT BELIEVE there had been so many incidents have one thing in common:cracked screen.

But Sony are not interested.far worse-there is no way one could prove they damage handsets deliberately without any actual video footage.it is a lose lose situation