Join now - be part of our community!

Giga Juke

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Martin_Smith
Visitor

Giga Juke

I have a sony giga juke.  It will not turn on using the remote - it is showing a blue flashing light as if it is in standby but the controls on the unit or the remote will not work.  This happended before and I had to turn it off at the mains.  Has anyone had this problem.

367 REPLIES 367
SteveJudd
Visitor

Can anyone Record their Gigajuke in the locked up stage and post to You Tube? If so, put the link in here and on the Facebook group. I am just trying to get the message out there.

Come on Sony,STATUS UPDATE!

hailsham26
New

I was not going to bother posting again as seemed pointless, but...

I spoke to trading standards and on their advice I have gone to my retailer on the basis that the product is less than 6 years old, it is a substantial purchase, and within the time frame it is now no longer fit for purpose.

Why have I done this:

Sony have acknowledged there is a problem.

Sony have failed to fix the problem.

Sony are not even bothering to engae in dialogue with its 'customers'  (read mugs!)

I think that this has dragged on for long enough now and I am sick of all the time I am having to waste on this incredibly expensive paperweight.

Personally I think the case for unfit for purpose is watertight and it actually helps that I have an email from the head of customer services at Sony.

So we will wait and see, however I am really sad that it has come to this as I truly loved the thing when it worked and it is all such a shame.

StartTheCar
Contributor

Afternoon everyone

Sorry I haven’t been as active on this thread of late.  This is in part to your general request for more solid updates (which I haven’t had to give) and partly due to replying to the various PM’s I have received by some of you active on this thread, as well as others who have not actively posted.

Although it is obviously important to ensure everyone gets the same update on this issue, it is also important to address individual concerns, many of which can be lost in a thread of this size.

Firstly, can I quickly extinguish any suggestion/rumour that this is issue is as a result of a hack.  I appreciated people concern in this regard, but it simply isn’t the case, it has nothing to do with this, not even close.

Our engineers have identified the issue with the product and the communication with Gigajuke server

With this finally identified, we were in a position to develop a fix, which has now been done.  While I appreciate the very real need to get this out asap, we obviously need to thoroughly test any update that affects so many machines.  Currently this fix is going through the verification process and we will provide further updates as and when available.

Any specific concerns. please feel free to PM me.  As I said above, once a thread gets to a certain size, specific questions can sometimes get lost.

Best regards
Lee

hedgehog39
Visitor

Lee,

I can't speak for everyone, but for me your posts are welcome as it does acknowledge that there is someone from Sony keeping an eye on things. I can appreciate that you are in the awkward position of wanting to keep customers informed, but may not have the time or anything meaningful to pass on. I think that it would good to know what the identified problem was (even if it is a 'sanitised' account). ANy chance?

Cheers,

hedgehog

hailsham26
New

I agree

spoysers
Visitor

I third that!

Can't imagine we will be privvy to such information though.

One thing I do know is where my Gigajuke will  be going once this fix is released and proven - eBay!

kipperthedog
Visitor

Hi All

I have been reading all the posts with some interest, mainly because we have a NAS-S55HDE. It also like many others is suffering the bug. Blue flashing light can't switch on etc etc. However we also have a Sony BlueRay DVD player. Its connected to our network and to the internet, It can use BBCI PLayer and many more. Interestingly it also sees the NAS on the network even when its frozen, and even more interestingly it can play any of the tracks in any of the folders and any of the moods. This of course isn't ideal and you can't upload Disks, My point is this how come it can play tracks from the NAS when its in a frozen usless state.

stwilli1043
Visitor

I am have the same problem, I do a system reset and everything starts working again until the first time I shutdown with either the handset or on the unit. I try to start again and nothing happens. At this point the blue standby light comes on full then dims. I have tried several times to get a solution from Sony customer service and each time they say they will get back to me but never do. I now after finding this forum realise there is a problem with the unit which it looks like they cannot fix at this time. I wonder why they cannot at least be honest enough to tell me such.

HDFatboy96
Visitor

Thanks for the update Lee.

Fingers crossed this is the fix that actually works.

However, I'm still interested to see how Sony apologise to its 'valued' customers for all the wasted hours spent on trying different settings and connections through no fault of their own, and also the time spent on here looking for good news and mailing posts, as if I didn't have better things to do! Not to mention the anger and frustration caused by the thing going AWOL almost two months ago, lets not forget that either.

So I await this next fix with bated breath.............

Steve

Funny to see that two 'blue balls' alongside my name under top participants makes me a 'fan'. Uuum..... not exactly!

Message was edited by: HDFatboy96

Message was edited by: HDFatboy96

SteveJudd
Visitor

Good to see movement but I too would want to know whats occurred here.

My own thought is as Sony have stopped selling the Gigajuke I wonder whether someone in Japan has switched off the Gigajuke update server? whilst there may not be an update the Gigajukes are trying to get to the server and as there is no response the box "locks".

If I can be incline I might packet sniff my box this weekend and do a reverse DNS look up on some of the packets. It would be interesting to see what is thrown up.