Join now - be part of our community!

Giga Juke

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Martin_Smith
Visitor

Giga Juke

I have a sony giga juke.  It will not turn on using the remote - it is showing a blue flashing light as if it is in standby but the controls on the unit or the remote will not work.  This happended before and I had to turn it off at the mains.  Has anyone had this problem.

367 REPLIES 367
alanh8
Visitor

SteveJudd,

I second your conclusion.

The fact that the GigaJuke also says it's not connected to the internet, but clearly is, suggests to me also that it's trying to talk to a machine connected on the internet and getting no response.

It would indeed be very good to hook up wireshark and find out what it's doing.

NorthernCoochy
Visitor

Lee - thank you so much for finally getting on the forum again and giving us some positive news.

I am also hopeful that this fix gets released soon and solves the problem. It will be nice to get back to some normality. But I also want to see the details on what caused this.

But to me this still does little to resolve the absolutlety diabolical customer support that we have all suffered. I for one will still be pushing to register an official complaint, as numerous people on this forum, myself included, have been blatantly and repeatedly lied to about this problem.

I do question whether we would have got anywhere at all if this forum had not been here.

profile.country.es_ES.title
fabreal
Explorer

Hello Lee,

I switch from the Spanish Site, because there is no answer to this problem, I see also that customers in the German Site are alone.

I don't understand that a company like Sony has this kind of internal comunications problems.

This problem affect not only Irish customers.

Regards

Alberto

Message was edited by: fabreal

Message was edited by: fabreal

gigagrump
Visitor

I'm glad I found THIS post.

I've just spent hours trying to work out why my GigaJuke NAS-S55HDE either won't shutdown properly, won't start up properly, and won't connect to the internet.

Like others, I've this started in mid-September. I've had the unit since March, and it worked just fine to start with.

Its hard wired to the router (via a Netgear Home Plug network).

Software Version is 1.01.00

If I 'ping' it from another device on the network, it drops packets all the time

64 bytes from 192.168.0.111: icmp_seq=323 ttl=64 time=142.580 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.0.111: icmp_seq=324 ttl=64 time=15.968 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.0.111: icmp_seq=325 ttl=64 time=4.456 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.0.111: icmp_seq=326 ttl=64 time=5.024 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.0.111: icmp_seq=327 ttl=64 time=4.647 ms
Request timeout for icmp_seq 328
Request timeout for icmp_seq 329
Request timeout for icmp_seq 330
Request timeout for icmp_seq 331
64 bytes from 192.168.0.111: icmp_seq=332 ttl=64 time=102.735 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.0.111: icmp_seq=333 ttl=64 time=4.422 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.0.111: icmp_seq=334 ttl=64 time=4.635 ms
Request timeout for icmp_seq 335
Request timeout for icmp_seq 336
Request timeout for icmp_seq 337
64 bytes from 192.168.0.111: icmp_seq=338 ttl=64 time=108.650 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.0.111: icmp_seq=339 ttl=64 time=4.447 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.0.111: icmp_seq=340 ttl=64 time=4.590 ms
It didn't use to do this.

So, Sony,

A) What broke this in the first place?

B) Wahts the work round for now?

C) When will it be fixed?

Regards,

Maf

profile.country.fr_CH.title
lo8002
Visitor

How is the update going to be uploaded to the GigaJuke? there is an online check during startup?

I have the exact same problem and my GigaJuke isn't responding.

My version is 1.00.00

MicroSystem : 1.00A

My setup : GigaJuke + NasC5E with WiFi connection through the Sony dongle and Sony Wireless station.

Message was edited by: lo8002

Message was edited by: lo8002

sphinxxxxx
Visitor

Even a 'so sorry for the inconvenience for losing the usage of your Giga Juke' would be a nice start.

Then maybe we could progress to 'we apologise for not informing our customers that there was a known fault...', also 'we are investigating why our customer service team knowingly lied to so many of our loyal callers...',

and finishing with 'looking forward, we have identifed the problem as ---, and plan to release a fix on ------'.

This is not called a pipe dream, it is called basic customer service.

tobler2
Visitor

Well said spinxxxxx - couldn't agree more.

My local Sony shop is STILL unaware of any problems with the Giga Juke - so no help there!!!

NorthernCoochy
Visitor

It's been 5 days now since a fix was rumoured and nothing has arrived on the forum. How much longer are we going to have to wait?

hailsham26
New

There is no fix.Did you not notice that the post from the mod came after I had posted that I was going my retailer to claim a refund under the 'not fit for purpose' claim.

BTW have spoken to retailer not good but not bad either just gonna take longer than I would like.

Have just ordered a panasonic TV LOL LOL NO MORE SONY FOR US.

I urge you all to go back to your retailers and start the processs for a refund under the 'not fit for purpose'.

Look uo consumer watch website and it explains it all.

Good luck chaps and good riddence to the giga juke.

BYE ALL

profile.country.GB.title
simonjash
Explorer

How can a Panasonic TV replace a GIGAJUKE ?

I am strugglinig to understand what this person is saying !!!

Obviously something lacking in this posting.