Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E370 shows 'NO DISK'

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mattsimensky
Visitor

BDV-E370 shows 'NO DISK'

Hello,

my BDV-E370 has suddenly started to show 'NO DISK' in the display when i insert a Blu Ray disk. I have not installed any firmware and the Blu Ray's I am using are genuine, are the correct region, and have worked many times before. I have reset to factory settings, turned off and on at the plug and am now out of ideas!!

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

sounds like the laser has packed in, seriously thou its not worth repairing unless its under warranty, may be cheaper to buy a new player.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

HI,

most of the time, it means that the lens is either dirty or dead...how long have yo ubeen using it?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi  mattsimensky,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I have not installed any firmware

That could aslo be the reason..:smileywink:

Installing the latest firmware can Improve BD-ROM playability..

Here is a link to the latest Firmware Download

You can choose to either update via wifi or by creating a upgrade dics, choose your prefered option at the bottom of the Firmware Download page (link above) & please follow the instructions carefully..

mattsimensky
Visitor

Hi,

i probably use it 4-5 times per month.

mattsimensky
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

i have now updated the firmware and unfortunately the problem persists. Are cleaning disks worth buying? Having said that, if the blu ray player doesn't recognise any disks how would a cleaning disk work!!

Any more suggestions?!?!

profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

Who said "cleaning disc" here? lol

As In told you, either dirty=>open it or let a pro doing it for you and manual cleaning

Or broken lens=> get a new player

Bravia55HX

Hi,

a cleaning disc will work if the mechanism is not damaged or broken, have you tried to play a standard DVD in it?

mattsimensky
Visitor

Hi Bravia55HX923,

i have tried both Blu Ray discs and standard DVD and i get the 'NO DISK' message for both types. As far as i can tell the mechanism works ok as i hear the disc spin for a second before it stops and the 'NO DISC' message appears on the front panel.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

sounds like the laser has packed in, seriously thou its not worth repairing unless its under warranty, may be cheaper to buy a new player.