Join now - be part of our community!

S370 - BBC Iplayer program listings will not show

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
NorthMonkey

S370 - BBC Iplayer program listings will not show

I've got a problem on my BDP S370.  I can access IPlayer and view programs from the main entry screen and any of the 'Most Popular' listings in the browser.  However if I choose any of the days e.g. Sat 24th, Fri 23rd etc, the spinning activity icon next to the Alphabetical listings boxes appears and nothing else happens.  I've tried leaving it for several minutes, no luck.  If I choose any of the programs to watch that I can see, the main spinning activity icon at the top right of the screen fires up and the program loads.

All other online apps working just fine.  So was BBC IPlayer up till recently.

Accessing through Virgin Media.  Proxy server option disabled after it stopped all online apps working. 

Help!

11 REPLIES 11
NorthMonkey

Hi guys,

I've managed to fix it.

Do a full factory reset, all settings, and then also do an 'Initialise personal information'.  It then asks 'Are you sure' and talks about it deleting all kinds of things, including 'last played, connection information etc'.  I suspect that some setting Iplayer doesn't like is stuck in a cache somewhere which is cleared on the initialisation of personal info.

The player then restarts.  I ran through Easy setup for convenience then checked the menu.  All apps for Music/Photo/Video had disappeared.  Which is good, that's what I wanted.  I updated internet information which repopulated everything.  From this I assume that apps were actually re-installed, not just added to.  Hopefully meaning I've got fresh clear copies now too.  Rather like PC problems where only solutions are re-installing programs!

All working fine now!  Hoping it fixes the Lovefilm streaming buffering issues I've been getting recently too.

Rather conveniently Lovefilm has remembered my player so I don't need to relink it either. 

Thanks to Sony reps for their help.  I hope this answer helps other customers having the same or similar problems.

MBRTrekex8
Visitor

I have the same problems with iPlayer, Is North Monkey's the definitive solution, a response from Sony would be helpfull.