Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDV-E3100 Sound/Volume

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Damon91
Explorer

Sony BDV-E3100 Sound/Volume

Hi all,

I'm new to this Community/Forum, I've recently purchased a TV and a Home Cinema, to be specific the TV KDL50W829 and Home Cinema BDV-E3100.

The TV I can say, absolutely flawless, no complaints.

And.. the Home Cinema, is why I am here.

I used to have an LG BH6220S which was 850W and it was more louder than the Sony BDV-E3100 I have.

What can I do to improve the Volume/Sound?

Now, I have had a look you can increase the 'dB' in the Home Cinema settings, it will go to 6dB maximum, I haven't tested it at that level I don't want to break anything.

Please advise, if I want to increase the 'dB' for the Home Cinema, what should I set it to for each speaker?

Hopefully someone can help, thank you!

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
balochadnan
Explorer

Very disappointed...my relative has a 300watts samsung system..its more loud than this..we can talk to each other and understand clearly while playing this system on full volume.

profile.country.GB.title
Joec9838
Explorer

did you ever resolve this problem??.ive tried everything I can think of to get more volume but nothing.And to think I sold my Panasonic system which was loud really load.I assumed I was getting a upgrade but I'm so gutted.

profile.country.GB.title
mairsy07
Explorer

Hi mate, just seen this come up on my email and becsuse I'm a kind lad I thought let's reply ASAP ha I did solve it but all I did was a factory reset. Honestly it was terrible and I didn't think it would do a thing but I factory reset it and then boom. Much better. 

profile.country.GB.title
Joec9838
Explorer

still no boom dude,admittedly it's louder when it's on any other sound mode bar Dolby.To me for surround gives out the best sound,I guess I just have to live with the poor volume.Shouldnt have jumped the gun a flogged the Panasonic but I wanted to pair Sony tv to theatre system.Thanks for quick response

profile.country.GB.title
mairsy07
Explorer

Ahh man no boom! I can't remember what else I changed, I did a factory reset and I made sure I had attenuate audio on I think. I have everything on 4.5db a part from sub on 4db. I also have sound mode on and it's connected through Arc. Mine was really low but after reset and all those it was instantly better. How's the base? It should shake your room, if not then it's still the same problem I had. It is loud enough, not great but it's loud enough. 

profile.country.GB.title
mairsy07
Explorer

Also make sure it's not on night mode, on the remote next to home switch to either digital, movie or music. I know you have probably tried them. Just give my settings a shot and see if it helps. 

profile.country.GB.title
Joec9838
Explorer

What audio output you using?mines on speakers+hdmi
profile.country.GB.title
mairsy07
Explorer

I have it on speakers and hdmi as well. :slight_smile: 

profile.country.GB.title
Joec9838
Explorer

1. I've got my set top box plugged to TVs via hdmi arc,do you use the optical lead at all?