Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDV-E370 and MKV files on USB

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
rupertpeaches
Visitor

Sony BDV-E370 and MKV files on USB

I've searched everywhere I can think of to find an answer to my problems and that includes Sony Support, without success. Support basically told me to read the manual, which wasn't a lot of use as I HAD read the manual and I had told them that.

It seems that I am the only person that cannot play mkv or MP4 files on my Home Cinema System. I used Handbrake to convert a Video_TS folder to both formats and despite trying every option available within Handbrakes settings for video and audio I cannot get my player to recognise the files. I either get a 'File corrupted or format not recognised' message or the player simply returns to the Home menu.

I realise that mkv is simply a container, but that doesn't help much. I have even tried different Video_TS folders in case these were corrupted. This seemed unlikely as the files played on my PC., but I am desperate and fed up with spending so much time on what I thought would be a straightforward matter.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction in terms of what encoding settings I need to use to play these files mkv and/or MP4)?

My USB HD is a Western Digital MyBook AV formatted Fat32 and I understand this is compatible with the BDV-E370.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am within a whisker of returning the player to Amazon and seeking an alternative.

I feel that Sony have adopted a very simplistic and misleading approach to their advertising and after many years as a Sony user, I am very disappointed.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Not sure on your exact problem, but the USB drive has to be formatted as FAT32.

Cheers