Join now - be part of our community!

UBP-X800M2 freeze during 4K playback

profile.country.DK.title
glenstrup
Explorer

UBP-X800M2 freeze during 4K playback

My UBP-X800M2 constantly freeze after approximately one hour of 4K playback. IT happens with any of my 4K discs.

Any ideas?

29 REPLIES 29
profile.country.DK.title
glenstrup
Explorer

Thanks.

This solution could also be what is working for me. 

I had to connect the BD directly to the TV since the AV couldn't pass the 4K signal.

This is actually very annoying, since the AV can't change to the BD input from the sound output of the BD.

profile.country.GB.title
Bitterman

HI, I got my unit in Jan2021.

All except 1 4K Disk has stopped. Usually 1.25-1.5 hours in. All other discs are fine. (last night 1hr 36mins)

Occasionally the machine pauses and misses a minute or so but more often freezes and won't respond until I eject the Disc, then I resume from the point and it works fine to the end.

I had hoped the recent Firmware update would help but it has not.

HDMI for Video to TV HDMI fo sound to Denon AVR, unit is on a shelf not another piece of equipment.

I am now going to contact support for a replacement/repair.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

CFH2021
Explorer

I have the same issue with a brand new unit connected to our A90J. Every single 4K disc has frozen, requiring a restart! It seems to occur have an hour or so. I thought our A90J remote would control the 800M2 if it does not!  Seeking another option. 

profile.country.GB.title
Bitterman

Sorry for very late response, I updated other AV sites I had posted on and where I purchased the unit but forgot here.

I performed the Firmware update, the machine then had a major wobble.

After a complete power off and Factory reset my player has never failed to play any disc.

profile.country.GB.title
Bitterman

No facility to edit reply!

I did the update soon after it was released. So I have had time for quite a few discs to play without locking, stopping or skipping.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi CFH2021, did you try any of the steps on this thread? 

profile.country.GB.title
Bitterman

Updated to latest firmware June2022 and first 4K has stuttered and skipped at the 1hr 31ish mark.

Going to do a full factory reset and power cycle and see what happens.

profile.country.GB.title
Bitterman

Latest Firmware has definitely caused my machine to go back to skipping( when changing Disc layer I presume as its usually around the 1.30 to 1.45 runtime point)

This time at 1:46 on Ambulance.

Once the Disc was ejected and put back in play resumed until the end.

Now to contact Support on this, I would like to revert back to the last firmware if possible.

Shame as this firmware allows my player to see my old NAS device.