Join now - be part of our community!

Phone Stuck On Boot Screen Loop - HELP!

SOLVED
TheOnlyPrincess
Visitor

Phone Stuck On Boot Screen Loop - HELP!

Hello!

My phone, Xperia M is stuck on the Xperia Boot Screen (with the colourful waves).

This happened today after I downloaded and installed Xperia Foggy Theme from Google Play Store. I selected the theme and it successfully changed to Foggy but as I went to unlock the screen, to go back into the phone to check my notifications, the screen would not come on. I pressed the power/lock key many times and the screen would not come on.

I pressed and held the power button until the phone showed some sign of life and this is when the Xperia Waves appeared. I took the battery out and replaced it to force shut down the phone but the phone wont boot further than the Wave screen.

I have removed the sim card and memory card from the phone and plugged the charger in hoping this would help but nothing.

I have also tried to connect the phone to the PC Companion but my PC will not detect the phone as the phone wont switch on. So i cannot try the repair option on PC Companion. 

I have also tried pressing the Power Button and Volume Up Key until the phone vibrates but it does not do anything.

Is there anything else I can try to fix my phone? And will it be costly to get it repaired by Sony?

Please help! Thank you! Slightly_smiling_Face

30 REPLIES 30
xavinux
Enthusiast

Hi @JohnFG

Download it from this link http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/ and try again this:

System Repair with PC Companion:

Try performing a system repair using PC Companion as this will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone and
erase all data. Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on
screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should
start the repair or reformat process. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for
PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP.

Best Regards.

jem_ritch28
Visitor

hi.. i have sony xperia go st27i.. nag factory reset ako dahil punong puno na yung phone ko.. but after it reset.. i plug out my simcard and memory card.. and when about to turn on. it stuck on loading screen(mixing colors that flashing after sony xperia logo.) what will i do? i need some help.. i tried to connect on pc companion but it nonsense..my cable is good.. but i dont know why its not detected.. 

please help..

MvRkc
Visitor

I am having the same problem... I have an Xperia M4 Aqua and it won't detect it. I am still stuck on the android screen with an "error" message and the Android logo lying down. Was anyone able to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Elfriede
Visitor

Hello,

I cannot update the firmware in the way described above. It says: Error in Sony update routine 0x000007d3.

What can I do now to repair my phone?

It is stuck in a boot loop since I unlocked the bootloader. I had followed the instructions I found here:

http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/unlock-yourboot-loader/

Now I cannot use PC Companion to restore my firmware.

What can I do?

AR1000
Visitor

I just used the companion tool and it worked. The phone doesn't need to be turned on. I'd make sure the phone has some charge and follow the instruction. If it still doesn't work the phone must be seriously pooped
pbexppro
Visitor

MY SONY M2 . I`VE GOT CHARGE TO 100% AND I OPEN AND STUCK IN VIOLET WAVE ANIMATION CAN OYOU HELP ME ??

BenLewis2514
Visitor

I tried this but it said my phone had to be at 80% battery to fix it. My phone cannot charge whilst off and being very low, i decided to leave it on charge stuck on the startup animation. It has now died and the red charge light is going on and off slowly. What should i do?

h_175
Visitor

its very simple to get out of the boot loop in sony phones first use pc companion for repairing it and later it will start properly and if the boot loop is still on then press the volume up key and power key hold it, it will switch off phone (its necessary to follow the steps above cz if you use the power reset key it wont work) then wait for around 5-7 min and switch it on using power key

caution: dont even wait for to long orelse you will have to follow the whole process again

Angie_Dreamz
Visitor

Hi ,

I tried the above steps to repair using Sony Companion however I am getting an error as

"Software repair failed

An error occurred while repairing your device.
Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact Sony support.

Error code: UEUpdateFailed
UE_2005"

I have tried several times to repair but My data cable automatically gets disabled after certain time and repair stops working. Please help me with this problem. Slightly_frowning_Face

bonesandbooth
Visitor

This works, thankfully, alas i lost all the numbers, lesson learnt lol.

Many thanks for the info tho (Y)