Join now - be part of our community!

Phone Stuck On Boot Screen Loop - HELP!

SOLVED
TheOnlyPrincess
Visitor

Phone Stuck On Boot Screen Loop - HELP!

Hello!

My phone, Xperia M is stuck on the Xperia Boot Screen (with the colourful waves).

This happened today after I downloaded and installed Xperia Foggy Theme from Google Play Store. I selected the theme and it successfully changed to Foggy but as I went to unlock the screen, to go back into the phone to check my notifications, the screen would not come on. I pressed the power/lock key many times and the screen would not come on.

I pressed and held the power button until the phone showed some sign of life and this is when the Xperia Waves appeared. I took the battery out and replaced it to force shut down the phone but the phone wont boot further than the Wave screen.

I have removed the sim card and memory card from the phone and plugged the charger in hoping this would help but nothing.

I have also tried to connect the phone to the PC Companion but my PC will not detect the phone as the phone wont switch on. So i cannot try the repair option on PC Companion. 

I have also tried pressing the Power Button and Volume Up Key until the phone vibrates but it does not do anything.

Is there anything else I can try to fix my phone? And will it be costly to get it repaired by Sony?

Please help! Thank you! Slightly_smiling_Face

30 REPLIES 30
Lozwoo
Visitor

My xperia is on boot loop, I can't turn it off as it is on a loop. I have had many pop ups stating the followingProcess com.android has stopped/system UI has stopped/Bluetooth has stopped. It won't let me DO anything, I can't get into my phone at all, I can't take a battery out I can't get to. It doen't register on the pc companion. When I contact my service provider they tell me the phone should last for the entire contract 2 years, but I am half way through. They expect me to PAY to get it fixed and/or PAY to get outh the contract and PAY to get into a new 2 year contract when the phone will only last for half again. PLEASE help me!!!

whiterussian5
Visitor

Hi i have had the same issue and have used the pc companion several times but the same problem keeps happening any suggestions on how to do a perminant fix?thanks

whiterussian5
Visitor

what kind of care is this when you dont get a fix for issues or even a reply

XperiaMDual_201
Visitor

"what kind of care is this when you dont get a fix for issues or even a reply"

I am wondering the same thing.

bakanecko
Visitor

"what kind of care is this when you dont get a fix for issues or even a reply"

if you noticed, this thread already been flagged to "solved", no one will even bother to look at this thread again. Start your own thread.

darkreggius2004
Visitor

Hi I have the same problem and It is literally happening as I'm typing I have tried the 10 sec power button reboot and the Volume up and power button method and neither of them work?

Also, it won't turn off.

P.S I'm using a Sony Experia XA1

mroberts124
Visitor

can  someone please help me my m4 aqua hasnt been working recently an my phone just powerd off so i tried to turn it back on and it was stuck on the black screen with the sony logo so i looked for suggestions and people said the compannion app. so i tried that and when i finished the repair it just comes up with a white screen and the sony logo and wont boot up after repair so i really need sugestions please.

@Thommo wrote:

To perform a system repair

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)

Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

@Thommo wrote:

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)

Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

@Thommo wrote:

CM55
Visitor

Hey same problem but pc companion is on macbook air. Help.

CM55
Visitor

Hey it somehow turned on..... i conneted it to my pc while on waves and it turned on!!

Bilalyousaf
Visitor

15692696303102306665844777848025.jpg

15692696910031943905568626162406.jpg

15692697072186710116010399414567.jpg