Join now - be part of our community!

Phone Stuck On Boot Screen Loop - HELP!

SOLVED
TheOnlyPrincess
Visitor

Phone Stuck On Boot Screen Loop - HELP!

Hello!

My phone, Xperia M is stuck on the Xperia Boot Screen (with the colourful waves).

This happened today after I downloaded and installed Xperia Foggy Theme from Google Play Store. I selected the theme and it successfully changed to Foggy but as I went to unlock the screen, to go back into the phone to check my notifications, the screen would not come on. I pressed the power/lock key many times and the screen would not come on.

I pressed and held the power button until the phone showed some sign of life and this is when the Xperia Waves appeared. I took the battery out and replaced it to force shut down the phone but the phone wont boot further than the Wave screen.

I have removed the sim card and memory card from the phone and plugged the charger in hoping this would help but nothing.

I have also tried to connect the phone to the PC Companion but my PC will not detect the phone as the phone wont switch on. So i cannot try the repair option on PC Companion. 

I have also tried pressing the Power Button and Volume Up Key until the phone vibrates but it does not do anything.

Is there anything else I can try to fix my phone? And will it be costly to get it repaired by Sony?

Please help! Thank you! Slightly_smiling_Face

30 REPLIES 30
Zooru
Visitor

Hi,

Following instructions on xperia softwear repair, but it wants me to unlock my phone, which obviously i cannot do as it will not load past the boot screen...how do I get around this???

Help!

Many thanks in advance