Join now - be part of our community!

My battery gauge is tricking me?

SkyEx
Visitor

My battery gauge is tricking me?

Okay, here's the thing. I bought my Xperia ion about 3 months ago, and so far it has been great; except for one thing. It happened a few times before, and I let it go, but I'm not having any of it anymore. The phone gives me a low battery notification at around 43-41% of battery or a little less.

The first time it happened, I thought the battery was actually drained. I put the phone on charge, but then the battery precentage it shows on the top corner of the lock screen was 40%. It happened again but I was on a trip on top of a mountain. So basically, I couldn't take photos for the second half of the trip, and so many memories would've been lost if it weren't for my friend's Note II.

After that one time, I suppose the battery was actually completely drained during the time spent from when it shut off till I went home. The phone stopped doing it for a while after that, and I remember one time it reached 12% without giving me the 0% battery notification. But two days ago, it happened again. Also, just now, it almost shut down at 43% and now I put it on charge.

I love Sony's phones and I always have. This one has been really amazing so far, the camera, the screen, the sound, everything is pure quality, but I'd love for them to last a bit longer. I really hope someone could help.

Thank you.

84 REPLIES 84
nick1991
Visitor

okk ty :smileyhappy:...i wel try it and let u kwn.. Slightly_smiling_Face

nick1991
Visitor

and my issue is of suddent drop..wen its 48%...and it directly shuts down...and wen it put in chargning it shows me 50%..

sajalsamanta
Visitor

that will be okay, if you follow the said steps. Winking_Face

Mine had the same issue...it dropped from 15% to direct 0%..but when plugged to charger it showed 15% Slightly_smiling_Face Now I have no issues...

nick1991
Visitor

okk superb i well try it nw... Slightly_smiling_Face TY

nick1991
Visitor

and how many hr do u keep d phne for charging..?? from 0% or 20%

nick1991
Visitor

yup its done frm 77% to 18% it droped down...soo its successfull naa.. ??

sajalsamanta
Visitor

thats good....keep observing! I assume your issue is over Slightly_smiling_Face

nick1991
Visitor

yup..ty Slightly_smiling_Face

OmarAA
Visitor

Hi Nabeel,

I have a Xperiz Z for about 3 months now. Only since yesterday it isn't starting up. I was travelling internationally so the phone was switched off since no battery. I charged the phone upto 30% and tried to start it up. It started, the sony and the xperia login display appears.

Then the xperia logo appears, it goes on going. The phone is just stuck there, it doesn't start up. I tried restarting it. The issue continues. Pls help.

ssd
Visitor

my problem is battery goes down on heavy usage and again boosts up when phone is idle